𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 | 𝐝. 𝐡𝐚𝐚𝐬

When it rains, it pours | Damien Haas

Summary: With a storm rolling in, it's the perfect time for Y/N and Damien to come to terms with their feelings for one another.

Y/N swore that she would never get hung up on a relationship. she wanted to believe that she was better than that. That if someone came along and broke her heart, she could pick up the pieces by herself. It wasn't that she was ashamed of being hurt or upset, but rather she didn't want the attention from those around her.

Her friends were her family and she knew that as soon as they caught a whiff of her depressing mood, they would do everything In their power to make it stop. Even if it meant tailoring to her every need. That was not okay with Y/N by any means. The last thing she wanted was to become a burden on her friends and eventually end up losing them.

She knew that there were bigger things in life to get upset over. For example, a family member passing away, or Losing a lifelong friend. Boys, were certainly not her biggest worry in life.

On the opposite side of that spectrum, Y/N didn't want to make herself obvious if she was head over heels for someone. Her reasons were simple. She didn't want to look overly interested just in case the feelings weren't reciprocated.

Sadly for her, Damien Haas had changed all of that.

Working as a crew member for good mythical morning, Y/N was no stranger to youtubers. She was around them constantly and while she was always behind the camera, she knew how to carry her own in the presence of internet comedians.

When Defy media was effectively shut down, The mythical productions crew ended up taking on Smosh as apart of their company. Their office had become congested at first- the scheduling taking a little bit of getting used to as budgets had become limited.

This meant that Camera crews often had to pull extra shifts in order to accommodate both groups.

It was a rather dark and dismal day in California when Y/N got the call from Sarah whittle. One of their Sound techs had gone home sick and they needed someone to fill in for shoots. Given that Y/N lived close to the smosh offices, it was convenient for her to head over rather than someone else who lived further away.

As Y/N pulled up to the office, she grabbed her lunch kit out of the back of her car. The rain was pouring heavily as another car pulled into the lot next to Y/N's vehicle.

"Hey damien!" Y/N called out over the noise of the rainfall, her hair starting to get wet as she searched the back of her car desperately for a rain jacket.

The man climbed out of his car, an umbrella overhead. "Hey!' He noticed she was struggling and quickly walked towards her with the umbrella- "This rain really came out of nowhere huh?" He asked.

Y/N laughed softly. "Yeah- thank you!" She acknowledged the fact that he was saving her from becoming soaked. She was certain that she had forgotten her coat at home. "Damn it." She muttered.

Damien frowned. "Missing something?" He asked.

Nodding, the woman shrugged. "Yeah but it's alright! Are you here for the try not to laugh shoot?" She asked, closing up her car and walking with him quickly through the parking lot. She hated that her jeans were getting wet and that she would most likely have to sit in wet clothes for the rest of the day.

The man grinned. "Yeah- Keith is sick so Sarah asked me to Come in on my day off!"

Y/N blushed. he always made her laugh. She would never tell any of her other friends on the cast, but Damien always found a way to make her stomach fill with butterflies when he was in front of the camera. His humour matched hers perfectly and he could do the slightest things and earn a chuckle from her.