Second Task

Nobody's POV

A week has passed and its almost time for the second task. The Pevensie children had passed all of their exams and they were at a sixth year student's knowledge thanks to Hermione. But they decided to stay in fourth year with Hermione and if they wanted they could move up year.

The day before the second task Peter, Hermione, Harry, Ron, Neville, Ginny, and the twins were in the Gryffindor common room making sure to keep Harry calm. "Harry you are gonna do great tommorow don't worry" Ron said. "We're here for you if you need anything" said Ginny.

Just then a third year student went towards them. "Hermione, Professor McGonagall wants to see you in her office. She said it was important." "Okay, thank you I'll be right there" Hermione said. She got up from her seat next to Ginny. "You guys make sure Harry goes to sleep early. He has to wake up very early tommorow" said Hermione. "Yes mom" Harry and Ron said in unison. Hermione rolled her eyes and went towards the portrait hole.

She headed to Professor McGonagall's office and when she knocked on the door she heard a "Come in". So she went in and saw Professor McGonagall with 3 other students. One of them was a blonde girl that looked like Fleur. She saw a boy who she recognized as Viktor Krum's best friend. And she saw Cho Chang, she was a Ravenclaw and she was Cedric's girlfriend.

Hermione then realized that if the four of them where there. Each someone meaningful to the champions that if they gone missing they would dearly miss. Then it clicked they were going to be hostages and the champions had to rescue them.

"Professor are we here because we are the 'missing things' that the champions will have to rescue at the Black Lake" Hermione asked. "Yes you are right Miss. Granger. But trust me I don't want to get you children in that lake" the professor said. They rest of the people in the room had scared lookes on their faces. "But I will make sure you are unconscious so you won't know nothing until your champion gets you out of the water" she said. The rest of the people looked less scared. Then Professor McGonagall drew out her wand a sawyed it gracefully and one by one the rest of the people fell unconscious. Then Professor McGonagall made her way towards Hermione. "My dear child be brave. I always thought of you as my daughter in everyway. I'm very proud of you Hermione" she said. "I really do consider you the most real thing to a mother I have" Hermione said with tears creeping at the corners of her eyes. And McGonagall gave her a locket and four rings.

The locket had the same in inscription as the Gaunt ring. And then she gave me four rings. They had the four colors of the houses. "The rings have 2 forms one is for formal presentation and the other is for informal presentation" McGonagall said. "Thank you so much" Hermione said.

 "Thank you so much" Hermione said