Third Task

Harry's POV

It's been very eventful weeks. First off Professor Moody gave a brief and more specific lesson on the Three Unforgivables.

I noticed that Hermione was very uncomfortable about it. Especially when Professor Moody put the Cruciatus Curse on the spider in front of Neville. They all knew that Neville's parents were driven mad at the edge of insanity because they were put under the Cruciatus curse by Bellatrix Lestrange.

Neville's parents suffered a fate worse than death. They are in a coma in which it is possible they would never get out of.

When the class was over she rushed out of the classroom to go see how Neville was doing. I went to the common room with Ron and saw Peter there.

"Hi Peter. What are you doing" said Ron. "Hi Harry, Ron. Well I'm doing homework for Transfiguration. How was class" he asked. "You wouldn't believe what happened" Ron said. "What happened" asked Peter now that Ron caught his attention.

"Professor Moody did a lesson on the Three Unforgivable Curses and he showed how each one of them works on a spider" I said. "So let me get this straight, he performed the unforgivable curses to 14 year olds" he asked.

"Yep and even worse he made poor Neville watch while he performed the Cruciatus Curse. Neville was trying to not watch, you could see it was hurting him" I said. "Why would he make Neville watch" Peter asked. "Neville's parents were tortured by the Cruciatus Curse and they are half dead because they are still breathing but he goes to visit a St Mungos. And Hermione knew that Neville was hurting by just watching it so she yelled at the Professor to stop" Ron said.

"Then the professor asked Hermione about the last unforgivable but she refused to say anything. So he casted the killing curse on the spider in front of her" I said.

"WHAT" Peter exclaimed. Ron and I tried to calm Peter down. He then stood up and going towards the exit of the common room. "Peter where are you going" I asked. "I'm going to go find Hermione" he said right back.

On the way we saw Edmund who was walking in the corridor. "Where are you guys going" he asked. "We are going to stop your brother from doing something bloody stupid" Ron said.

Edmund then started following us and to try to prevent Peter from doing something stupid. We went to the library to find Lucy, Susan, Hermione, and Neville. They were trying to calm him down.

We go sit at the table. "Neville are you alright mate. I know this was very hard for you" I said. "Thanks for all of your support guys" he said. "Don't worry we are here for you. That's why we are friends" Lucy said. Then Susan, Lucy, and Hermione gave him a group hug.

Time Skip

It's been weeks and the third task is getting closer and I'm getting more anxious by the minute. I have been training for days now on spells that can help me on the task.

Everyone has been helping me train by searching on spells that could help. But recently I have noticed that Hermione looks anxious and that it looks like she is hidding something.

The third task is only a week away so I have to keep wrking hard.

Hermione's POV

I have had a feeling that the third task is going to be something big. So I created a plan to take Harry's place in the task. And I have a hunch that Professor Moody has something to do with it. I feel something off about him and it isn't something good.