Trial

Time Skip 1 month

Peter's POV

One month has passed since the news of opening dad's case. Today is the trial and I'm worried that the ministry will not keep their word and imprison dad. The only people going are dad, Uncle Remus, Hermione, Harry, and Aunt Andromeda whom we met a few days ago. She will be dad's attorney. I trust that she is good at what she does but I still can't help but be worried.

It is 6:30 a.m. and the trial starts at 7:00. We are all having breakfast together and are going to bid him good luck before he leaves. "Well we shall leave get going so we don't get there late. Andy will wait for us there" said dad with a sigh pushing his chair back and getting up from the table.

We all went to hug him and wish him good luck. I hope everything goes well.

Nobody's POV

As they were going out Harry gave Sirius his invisibility cloak. "While we go outside people won't stop us" said Harry. "Good thinking Harry" said Sirius. "Let go to the ministry or we'll be late" scolded Hermione. Then they left with Sirius under the invisibility cloak.

When they arrived Andromeda was waiting by the entrance. "Good morning Aunt Andy" greeted Hermione. She went and hugged her niece in a tight hug. "Good morning Ms. Rinks" greeted Harry politely. "Call me Andy, Harry. Come here" she said bringing him also into a tight hug.

"Morning Andy" greeted Remus. "Where is Sirius! Doesn't he know he is supposed to be here" Andy whispered scream. "STOP WHISPER SCREAMING ANDY. I'M HERE" whispered screamed Sirius. "Fine let's go then" she replied leading the way to the court room.

They arrived to the courtroom and Andromeda took Sirius who was still with the cloak on to the stand while Remus, Harry, and Hermione were sitting by the door. "SILENCE! We are here to stand a trial for the convict Sirius Black on the charges of being a death eater, the murders of 12 muggles, and being an accomplice of the murders of James and Lily Potter" announced the Ministers of Magic, Cornelius Fudge.

"Where is your client, Mrs. Tonks" a chubby, short woman who was wearing a pink dress under her court robes asked. Just then Sirius took off the invisibility cloak. There were gasps all over the room and indistinct chatter could be heard. "SILENCE" exclaimed Fudge. "How do you pledge your self Mr. Black" asked Fudge. "My client pledges himself innocent your honor" replied Andy.

"Alright then let's proceed. I see that you have provided evidence of your innocence and have brought witnesses that withhold your answer" said Fudge. Then Amelia Bones came down. "I have reviewed the evidence that you provided. Do you mind if we confirm that all of your memories is true with the Veritaserum" asked Mrs. Bones. "Not at all" said Sirius confidently.

Sirius was then given the potion and drank it without hesitation. "Who killed the 12 muggles in the alley" she asked. "Peter Pettigrew" Sirius responded. "Who was the secret keeper of the Potters" she asked. "At first it was me but then we decided to change it since I would be the obvious choice so we chose Peter because we thought he was our friend and we trusted him" replied Dad. "No more questions your honor" Amelia Bones responded.

"Let's bring out the witnesses" she said. "Up in the podium, Harry Potter" announced Andromeda. "I will ask you some questions Mr. Potter and you will answer what it is asked" stated Ms. Bones. "Where did you meet Mr. Black" she asked. "In the Shreaking Shack" responded Harry. "Why did you go into the Shreaking Shack" "We had gone to Hagrid's place to say our goodbyes to Buckbeak and he had found Ron's missing rat. We noticed it was late until Professor Dumbledore and the Minister came to execute Buckbeak so we left through the back door. Ron's rat tried running away as if it was scared of something. So he chased after it. Then we realized he was going through an opening through the Whomping Willow and we followed. We ended in the Shreaking Shack. Then we saw Mr. Black there" stated Harry.

"Then what happened" she asked. "He then came closer and we thought he was coming to kill me but he was going for the rat. Then Professor Lupin came in. They told us the truth in what really happened" he answered. "And what truth would that be Mr. Potter" she stated. "That Peter Pettigrew was the one that was responsible for my parent's deaths. He was the secret keeper of the location to where my parents were. He was also responsible for the deaths of those 12 muggles in which he faked his death by just leaving his finger. All along he was living with the Weasleys as a rat" stated Harry. "Thank you Mr. Potter no more question" she stated.

(Time skip after Hermione's testimony (same questions asked))

"Your lawyer here, Mrs. Andromeda Tonks presented Mr. Potter's and Miss. Granger's memories of what happened that night as evidence " stated the minister of magic. "And we reviewed every detail to be certain that these memories weren't fabricated" said Mrs. Bones. "And we have come to the verdict that Sirius Black is innocent of all charges and for the 12 years in Azkaban we give you 12,000 galleons as well as all of your property and your position as Auror if you still want it" said the Fudge.

Hermione and Harry went and hugged Sirius. "Finally a free man" exclaimed Hermione. "All thanks to you all" said Sirius. "Thank you so much Andy" said Sirius as he turned to hug her. "No need for that we are family" she said hugging him back. "Let's head home and tell the rest and go celebrate" said Remus. They went all went home to tell the rest the news.