Chapter 14

"Goodluck." A guy from the other team said to both Wonwoo and Saebyul. Saebyul turned her head to look and was surprised.

It was the three of them again.

'Oh so, this doofus wanted to join the game only because of his friends.' She thought to herself.

"Ready! Set! GO!!" And the Mc blew the whistle.

And every partners started running.

"Yah, yah! Use your left foot first!"

"You use your right foot first!"

"No, I mean- Left! No, right!"

And the two are arguing about which foot to go first.

"On a scale of one to ten, you said nine? You mean ninth place?!" She shrieked.

"Calm down, there's only four team, how are we even gonna be in the ninth place." Wonwoo rebuked. Saebyul groaned loudly in annoyance meanwhile still struggling to run with him.

"Partner from Black Team won the first place!!" The MC announced.

Saebyul suddenly stood up properly and went frozen, couldn't actually believe what she just heard from the MC.

"How the heck? It doesn't make any sense. Just now we are far behind but now?" She turned her head and the other team are still on their way to the finishing line, her eyebrows furrowed.

'But I'm sure Mingyu and his partner were in front of us ealier.' She thought to herself.

'Nah, I was too busy looking at our feet, maybe during that time we already beat the other teams.' She shrugged it off.

"What?" Wonwoo asked.

"What?"

"You look like you're thinking of something."

"Uhh.. I'm blank." And she walked away.

-

After so many games, it is now time for the students and the teachers to take a break for thirty minutes before the prize giving started.

Saebyul is now at the school's cafe eating ramyeon alone. But that was when a girl sat in front of her, looking at her as if she's enraged.

"What are you up to with Jeon Wonwoo?" She questioned with a bitchy look on her face.

"What?" Saebyul have this disgusted face.

"Don't act like you know nothing. These few months, Wonwoo have been clinging onto you the whole time. Tell me, what are you up to?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Look kid, I don't even have interest on him. You go ask him by yourself. Just what is he up to?" Saebyul rolled her eyes.

"Kid? Listen, Ryu Saebyul. If you-"

"If you could please move to the other seat, the four of us wanna sit with her." Seungcheol suddenly sat beside the girl with a fake smile. The girl was opening her mouth, about to say something but when she see Wonwoo signaling her to move away, she groaned and walked away.

"Phew, we're right on time right?" Seungcheol smirked to Saebyul. Saebyul ignored him and continued eating her ramyeon.

"You're just not fast enough."

"Yah, I was about to leave you behind but I pity you so I made myself run slower than I usually did!" Mingyu retorted.

And the boys are talking about their match earlier.

"Really, it was funny. I didn't expect Wonwoo would win." Hansol shook his head.

"I know right! When we were having our practice together, he was always the slowest one!" Seungcheol added.

"Guys guys, it doesn't matter how much you practice, it's the matter of luck." Wonwoo said in a truly boastful manner making the all of them to burst out into laughter. Saebyul rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Five more minutes until the prize giving." Hansol stated.

Saebyul walked away and the four boys followed her from behind. After sitting according to their teams on the bleachers the MC finally stood at the middle of the field.

The MC was talking and there's Jeon Wonwoo jumping up and down, excited to get his prize.

"Get your phone ready! I'm gonna take my prize!" Wonwoo exclaimed.

"Why would I take a picture of you?"

"Why are you suddenly moody.. Is it because of the girl earlier? Don't worry, she's nothing compared to you." Wonwoo smiled and winked.

"Ew what? What the heck." She slapped Wonwoo's thigh making him winced in pain.

"Jeon Wonwoo!!" And everyone cheered and clapped their hands.

Wonwoo rushed to the field to take his prize. The school's photographer took a picture of him and Wonwoo seriously look so excited as if it was his first time winning.

Saebyul chuckled.

"Stupid." She shook her head before smiling.

"This is embarrassing, did I really look like an excited lost kid?" Wonwoo asked as soon as he took a seat beside Saebyul.

"I don't know, I wasn't even watching you."

"So cruel."

"First place winner for the Partner Run goes to Jeon Wonwoo and Ryu Saebyul from the black team!!" The MC announced.

"Let's go, let's go!" Wonwoo grabbed her arm.

"Geez chill." She rolled her eyes and she swear she saw some of the people giving her the bitchy look.

"Congrats~"

"Thank you." Saebyul smiled and bowed as she took her prize.

"Alright, take a picture here."

Saebyul really didn't want to but Wonwoo grabbed her shirt and pulled her closer to his side. She rolled her eyes before smiling to the camera.

"Okay nice."

-

"Thank you guys~ Thank you for letting me won the 200 meters run and also thank you for letting me and Saebyul won the partner run. As promised, I'll treat you guys." Wonwoo thanked his friends while shaking hands with the three of them.

"Everything went well as we planned. You won both the match." Seungcheol shrugged.

"Wait what? So everything was planned?" Saebyul suddenly came to them, everyone went frozen as they looked at her, not knowing what to say or react.

"For what, huh? To impress me? So that I could think of you as a cool guy? Even if you win without getting everything planned, you're not gonna impress me. You think that's funny? Bribing your friends just to make you and me win? Where's the fun?" Saebyul raised an eyebrow.

"Look, Saebyul. I just wanted to make you happy by winning the game with you." Wonwoo tried to walk closer to her but she took step backwards instead.

"Happy? I was. I was actually but after I heard all these, I'm not happy anymore. You fooled me thinking it was real that we won when actually you bribed them!" She reprimanded before walking away.

"Saebyul, wait!" Wonwoo was about to run when his friends stopped him.

"Let her alone, give her some time and space. You can talk to her later." Hansol said as he patted Wonwoo's shoulder.

-