Chapter 15

Saebyul keep getting missed calls from Wonwoo. She knew Wonwoo is outside her house right now, wanting her to go out and let him talk, but Saebyul didn't want to.

"If I get one more call from him then fine, I'm gonna answer him." She said to herself while looking at her phone screen and that was when Wonwoo is calling her again.

"I'm answering your call doesn't mean I want to see you, I'm answering your call because I'm telling you to just go home." She rebuked.

"Saebyul please.. I'm really sorry-" And she ended the call.

Meanwhile Wonwoo sighed in frustration.

"All these things.. Just to get fucking $5k!" He kicked the rock nearer.

-

"Where's Wonwoo?" Her dad asked through the phone.

"Dad, he's a senior. We're not from the same intake. He probably have class right now." Saebyul answered in annoyance.

"Then what about you? Don't you have class?" Hearing her dad's question, she sighed.

"My phone vibrated so I lied that I was going to the toilet, so that I can answer your call." She replied.

"I'll be home later. Let's have dinner together." He stated.

"Yea sure." She replied laconically, evidently not interested to hear it.

"Bring Wonwoo along. I want to thank him." That actually made Saebyul angry.

"Fine." She ended up the call and went back to class.

She couldn't focus studying due to thinking on how to tell it to Wonwoo and where to find him. She didn't want to talk to Wonwoo anymore but here her dad is not even being cooperative.

"Ugh.." She closed her eyes.

-

Saebyul was walking around the school trying to find Wonwoo but unfortunately he was nowhere to be seen.

"I don't know his class. But during recess, he's usually at the cafe with his friends. But he's not there." Saebyul said to herself with a little frown.

That was when she saw Wonwoo and his three friends sitting on the bleachers, having their meals together.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

She went nearer and the three boys stopped laughing, staring at her in bewilderment meanwhile Wonwoo was confused as to what they're looking at. He turned his face and saw Saebyul staring at him with a poker face.

"Can you come down." Saebyul said.

"Who? Me?" He asked his three friends as he pointed his finger to himself.

"No, the lady in white behind you." Saebyul sarcastically answered. Mingyu nudged Wonwoo signaling him to go down to her.

Wonwoo went down and stood in front of Saebyul.

"Uhh.. Hi?" He scratched his head.

"If you're mad about last night, I'm sorry. Let me expla-"

"Not that."

"Then what?"

"Are you free later? After school?" Her question made Wonwoo confused.

"Wait.. Don't tell me you wanna bring me to a date.." He smirked devilishly.

"Far out." She rolled her eyes.

"Do you think after everything you've done I'm gonna ask you to a date? Where's your brain?" She shook her head and Wonwoo gave her a sheepish smile.

"Yeah, I'm free. Where do you wanna bring me to? Mall? Park?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Dinner."

Wonwoo choked as his eyes widened.

"No way you wanna bring me to dinner! A date?! Oh my god." He hold his head with both his hands.

"I can't believe you're making a move now." He continued, smiling brightly. Seeing Saebyul having this uninterested poker face, his smile faded away.

"Was it your dad?" He asked, she nodded.

"I knew it, there's no way you would wanna go on a date with me." He mumbled.

"Glad that you know." She mumbled back before walking away but Wonwoo was fast enough to grab her arm.

"Wait! When and where?"

"Ugh.. Just wait for me at the foyer later." She replied in annoyance.

"What was it about?" His friend asked Wonwoo as soon as he joined them back.

"Dinner.."

"Hell no!" They all shouted in unison.

"Ha! You guys thought she invited me but sadly no."

-

"Faster! I can't wait to see my father-in-law after two weeks!" Wonwoo yelled like an excited kid he is. Saebyul gave him this uninterested face.

"Do we pick up Saebin first?" He questioned.

"No, dad picked him up already. They're waiting for us now." She answered with her straight monotone voice.

"Alright."

After a ride that was full of Wonwoo blabbering nonsense, they finally arrived to the restaurant.

"Finally, you guys are here. Come on, order now." Her dad said as he handed both of them the menu.

After ordering, a few minutes later the foods are now ready.

"Anyway, thank you so much for looking after Saebyul and Saebin. I appreciate it so much." Her dad said.

"No worries uncle, I don't mind about it at all." Wonwoo smiled.

"Alright, alright, let's eat."

After eating that was only full of Saebin, Wonwoo and her dad talking, it is finally over now.

"Uncle, if you don't mind may I take Saebyul to somewhere else for a while?" Hearing Wonwoo's question, Saebyul's eyes widened.

'Fuck you!!!' She yelled inside her head.

"Oh, sure. Just don't bring her back home past the curfew." Her dad patted Wonwoo's shoulder.

"As you wish."

Her dad and Saebin went home meanwhile Wonwoo are bringing Saebyul to somewhere else.

"Why are you bringing me to this rooftop. It looks creepy and scary." She said while hugging herself because she shivered.

"This place used to be my favourite place." Wonwoo remarked as he went to the edge of the rooftop, staring at the night sky.

"Uhh, like I want to know?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I used to love a girl so much. So much that I would kill anyone who's trying to take her away from me." He started.

"I don't wanna hear any of that."

"We came here often, spending our time together reading books, watching movies from laptop, eating snacks. It was something small that meant a lot to me back then." He turned to her and smile.

"But she got married with another guy." Wonwoo shrugged.

"Really. Why didn't you kill him?"

"Stupid arranged marriage, I guess. For the sake of her family, she had to agree with the marriage. She left me." He added.

"Look, Jeon Wonwoo, why are you telling me all these? You should talk to someone who would care and feel sympathy towards you, not me. I wouldn't even care." She shrugged.

But Wonwoo gave her a different look, she went perplexed. Wonwoo had never give her that kind of look. It's like he's happy but also sad at the same time.

Which actually made Saebyul felt guilty.

-