Chapter 23

For three consecutive days, Wonwoo had been coming to Saebyul's house hoping Saebyul would let him explain everything, but she never opens the door. She even ignored tons of Wonwoo's messages and calls.

"Noona.. Why are you crying?" Saebin peeked at Saebyul who've been crying a lot.

"Nothing, Saebin.." She smiled and ruffled Saebin's hair.

"Noona, when can we play with all the hyung again? I miss them." Saebin blinked his eyes. Hearing that, Saebyul's smile faded away.

"They are all busy now.. They need to study hard to go to University." She rubbed his back with a warm smile.

"Aww.. That's sad.. I can't see all the hyung then.. Until they finished their exam." He pouted.

'What will I tell to Saebin? I can't say that he's never going to see them again. He'll cry and starts throwing tantrums. But I can't just keep lying." She thought to herself.

And that was when she heard the doorbell rang. She went to the window to peek and it was Wonwoo. Wonwoo keep ringing the bell but Saebyul never open the door.

"Who is it, noona?" Saebin asked.

"Nah, just a stranger. We shouldn't open the door when it's a stranger, remember?" She smiled to him.

"Yeah.. The stranger might kidnap us.. Noona let's hide!"

-

"So, you're the one who told Saebyul everything?" Wonwoo pushed Soonyoung's shoulder.

"Do I have no right to tell the truth? You're using her as a bet, to get $5k. Hah! You must be desperate for money?" Soonyoung threw a bitter chuckle.

"Never tell someone an information if you don't know it in details. You only heard that part, you didn't even eavesdrop us until the end of the conversation." Wonwoo grabbed Soonyoung's collar, death glaring him.

"Stay away from my Saebyul." And pushed Soonyoung.

"My Saebyul? Pfft. You stay away from her. She hates you now." Soonyoung laughed like a lunatic he is.

"Oh yeah? She hates me? But if she found out the truth, will she hates me? You're the one who told her something that isn't valid anymore." Wonwoo retorted harshly.

"Something that isn't valid? You mean the bet isn't valid anymore? Hah, are you sure? It's $5k, everyone would do anything to get that much money." He smirked slyly, Wonwoo couldn't take it so he punched Soonyoung resulting his mouth bleeding.

"I didn't even lay a hand on you!" Soonyoung snarled angrily.

"But you started everything."

Soonyoung got enraged, the two started fighting mercilessly without caring anything. When Soonyoung became very weak, Wonwoo grabbed Soonyoung's collar.

"You're doing this, because you like Saebyul. But I like her first!" Wonwoo bellowed sharply.

"It doesn't matter who likes her first. What matter is, who she will choose. It's either you, the one who betrayed her, or me, the one who saved her from being betrayed. But of course, no one would choose the person who betrayed them." Soonyoung started laughing like a crazy person again.

When Wonwoo was about to punch Soonyoung's face, his three friends and Saebyul arrived at the scene.

"Jeon Wonwoo stop! Let him go!" Saebyul shouted.

Wonwoo let go of Soonyoung, Saebyul ran to Soonyoung and hold both his shoulders.

"Soonyoung are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"Wonwoo you are too much!" She yelled as she pushed Wonwoo away.

"Saebyul, what he heard aren't everything. He only heard that part but he didn't heard the part that I quit the bet!" Wonwoo yelled back.

"You quit the bet? So, the bet is true then.. What Soonyoung told me was true then. I am just a bet. Isn't it fun?" Saebyul threw a bitter chuckle.

"Saebyul, could you please let him explain." Hansol said.

"I don't need any explanation here, it's clear now. Let's go, Soonyoung." And by that Saebyul helped Soonyoung walk to their class.

-

'Jeon Wonwoo stop! Let him go!' The sentence keep repeating in Wonwoo's mind.

"Yeah she did called me by my full name, but it sounded so full of hatred." Wonwoo said to himself but loud enough for his friends to hear.

"This can't do. Wonwoo, we'll help you. Guys! We'll go to Saebyul's house and explain everything. Wonwoo, go home and rest." Seungcheol instructed sternly.

"Yeah, I agree."

"I'm sorry for bothering you guys, but you guys seriously don't have to go to her house. She wouldn't even open the door." Wonwoo mumbled in a spiritless way.

"Shut up and do as I said."

And the boys rode their way to Saebyul's house meanwhile Wonwoo went to his house as he was told.

"Who could it be?" Saebyul asked herself as she heard someone ringing the bell. She peeked through the window and it was Mingyu, Hansol and Seungcheol.

"What do you guys want? Wanna show me where the cameras are located and wanna tell me I got pranked?" She crossed both her arms with an eyebrow raised.

The three went speechless as they lowered their heads.

"I started it, I'm the reason behind everything. I made the bet. I made Wonwoo do it. I'm so sorry, Saebyul." Mingyu admitted, but Saebyul gave no reaction at all.

"He did agreed to do the bet, but he ended up falling for you. He told us that he doesn't need the money anymore. He wants to get you because he truly does have feelings for you, not because of the bet. Believe us, Saebyul." Seungcheol stated reassuringly.

"What we're trying to say is, yes you are a bet and Wonwoo did agreed to get you to win the bet, to get the money. But as time passed by, he falls for you and he quit the bet. He meant everything he've done for you, Saebyul." Hansol added, trying to convince her.

"How could you guys make this thing as a bet? Making a girl fall for you to win money?" She reprimanded.

"You can be mad, but not at Wonwoo, be mad only at me! Please forgive Wonwoo!" Mingyu begged and lowered his head after that.

"You know what Saebyul? Wonwoo changed a lot because of you. He's the old him now and we're happy that he's back. He talked about you a lot, a lot that even we're pissed off to hear it. You mean a lot to him, Saebyul." Seungcheol said.

"But why must he beat Soonyoung?"

"Because he hates the fact that Soonyoung is trying to manipulate you! Soonyoung likes you and he don't want you to be with Wonwoo so that he could get you!" Hansol shouted.

"Saebyul please, our csat will start in two more days!" Seungcheol shouted which actually shocked Saebyul, making her flinched a bit.

Saebyul went silent for a while.

"Don't you have feelings for him too? Please give him a chance." Mingyu pleaded.

"Then.. Will you guys help me?" Saebyul raised an eyebrow.

-

sad to tell that this story is almost ending :(