The New Girl In Town (Gray Fullbuster; Fairy Tail)

Hello there peeps! This is another Gray one-shot and sad to say that he won't be doing the disclaimer D:

Since in this one-shot, he still doesn't know you existed. Why, you ask? Just read this one-shot to find out XD

I do not own Fairy Tail in any way, shape or form. It belongs to Hiro Masashima and the company that supports it. I also do not own you! (But Gray does//shot)

Enjoy~
**********************************************************************

".....HOW IN THE EVERLOVING **** DID I GET HERE?!" I thought as I ignored the people staring at me with confused and curious stares.

"Calm down, ______. JUST.CALM.DOWN." I mentally chanted, looking around the village of Magnolia.

I think I should tell you how I got here in the first place.

~Flashback~

I was a simple, modern day otaku living in the city of (city name) and now I'm currently fangirling over one of my favorite animes: Fairy Tail.

"Oh heck no Juvia! Gray is mine!" I snapped my fingers like a ghetto would when I saw Juvia go lovey-dovey and stalker-ish on Gray. I chuckled at my antics as I continued to watch the episode.

Why did I chuckle? Of course, because Gray will never be mine and it will never happen. He's fictional, all of them are, and I don't want to hurt myself in the process of thinking they're in an alternate universe.

I paused the video and glanced at the grandfather clock beside my bed.

By now you're thinking, "Why do you have something like that in your room? I thought you're in a city?" One word: Mom.

She likes to keep some things old-fashioned and kept saying that "modern tech" will ruin our minds someday. Well, what she said was partially true though.

The clock read that it was 12 midnight already. "Mom is gonna scold me big time." I thought as I yawned then proceeded to close the video and shut my laptop down.

I was already in my pajamas so I just put the laptop on one of my desks and got under the covers.

With one last look at a Fairy Tail poster taped to my wall, I closed my eyes and drifted off to dreamland.

*Dream*

I was standing on a barren field. No flowers, no houses, no animals, not even one small blade of grass can be found over here.

Ahead of where I was standing stood out to me the most. "A cliff?" I wondered aloud and took a step closer towards it, but not close enough to where I could fall off of it.

This shocked me the most. On the downside of the cliff is nothing but fog and darkness. I squinted my eyes to see if there was land, but nothing came into sight.

I backed off a bit, bad idea. "HOLY ****!!" I yelled, scurrying off to get back on land. The field I was on earlier was already crumbling to dust. "No, no, no, no!!!" With a terrified stare, I let myself go down with the remaining land I was on.

I screamed and let myself be wrapped in the fog.

*Dream Ends*

I shot up and almost got a whiplash from craning my neck side to side.

My eyes widened, my jaw dropped, my shoulders went slack. "Is this really happening to me?!" I thought in disbelief because before my eyes stood a well-known village filled with happy and chattering people, either the villagers or the foreigners from other places.

"I'm in Magnolia!!!!" I mentally freaked and that was when people started looking at me like I had grown two heads. Staring either in curiosity or in confusion, people passed by me with only a glance and continued on their way to whatever they're going to do.

~Flashback Ends~

I sat there on the ground for a few moments before awkwardly coughing and standing up, brushing myself off in the process.

Again, my eyes widened to what I was wearing. I was wearing a collared, (f/c), sleeveless top matched with a (color), pleated skirt, black leggings and (color) combat boots. My (h/l), (h/c) hair was down and my fringe was pinned up with a black hairclip adorned with a small heart on the end.

All in all, I looked foreign to myself. A million thoughts popped up in my head. "What am I doing here? How can I go back? My mom must be worried sick by now! Or did she forget me? HOLY MACARONI, I FORGOT TO CHARGE MY LAPTOP AGAIN!!!!"

I decided to walk around and let my feet lead the way. I walked through a park, lots of restaurants and stalls, shops that either sell magic items or everyday things and the tall tree I've seen a few times in the anime.

I smiled so big that it must've reached my ears. I kept myself composed while I mentally made a mess of myself as I fangirled in the deepest corners of my mind.

My fangirling was cut off when I bumped into something hard, scratch that, something in between soft and hard. I backed away and apologized, my head bent low.

"It's alright, just look where you're going next time." I could hear a smile from- Woah, woah! Hold up, stop, halt! His voice! It's-It's-!

I slowly looked up and my heart began to beat harder that it would jump out of my chest any second now. Standing in front of me is none other than my anime crush, Gray Fullbuster. He's surprisingly clothed for now, but that never stopped me from mentally fangirling so much.

Smiling, he stood in front of me and began to introduce himself. "Hey, my name's Gray, Gray Fullbuster. What's yours?" His voice kept ringing in my ears, turning into music for me.

"Oh, u-um....." I stuttered, blushing like a mad woman. "I hope he takes this blush as embarassment." I thought, biting my lower lip from nervousness. Who wouldn't be nervous when you're anime crush is there in front of you, in the flesh?! I coughed a bit and started to introduce myself.

"My name's (y/n) (l/n), nice to meet you Gray." I smiled, my blush fading away. "Nice to meet you. You seem new around here, so do you want a tour?" He asked, smirking by now.

"U-uh, sure! I got lost a couple of times, so thanks!" The smile never left my face as I followed beside him.

Some time later though, when we were half-way in the tour, "Uh Gray...Where are your clothes?" I stifled a laugh as he freaked and tried finding them, apologizing to me in the process.

"I might enjoy my stay here." I thought, chuckling. "This is a new start for me."

**********************************************************************

This is another fail by me! XD I'm sorry for the lack of romance in this one-shot. It feels awkward if I write something like "love at first sight" here because that would make Gray add to his OOC-ness here.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this one-shot (no matter how suckish it is) and bye~! ^-^