I'm Here For You (Fukami; Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea)

You sat on a stool across from Wadanohara, playing the piano with a somber expression. Her fingers gracefully touched the piano keys without so much as a lift of a wrist. You listened intently, enjoying yet saddened at the tune she was playing.

It was a melody filled with so much emotion- ones that greatly affected Wadanohara. Ever since that day, she stayed in her room and brooded over at what could have been.

You tried to comfort her, but you left her alone to give her some privacy, seeing that it's for the best. Memoca would mumble to herself and try to talk to Wadanohara while Dolphi silently worried, refusing to utter a single word about him. Fukami.... Well, he seems to take it calmly and refuses to show an ounce of emotion on his face.

But we all know that he cares and worries about her.

You shook your thoughts away, internally scolding yourself for spacing out again. Wadanohara just finished playing and stared out of the window, probably brooding again.

"Wadanohara...." A frown tugged your lips down as you kept your eye on the sea witch. She immediately turned to you with a smile on her face, practically beaming with forlorn longing and reassurance.

"Hm?"

"...." You stared, the frown on your lips curling into a bashful smile. "I'm glad you're fine now."

It was this one day when she felt truly happy, the day when she had her ocarina in her hands. You had stayed with Memoca and Dolphi to accompany them when she came in with a smile on her face.

"Wadda....!!"

".....!"

She was hugged by Memoca and Dolphi while you stood by with a small smile of relief. Unshed tears gathered in the corners of Dolphi's eyes while Memoca wore a huge grin as Wadanohara hugged back and reassured them that she's fine. It was then that Fukami came back as stoic as ever.

You swore you felt a stab in your heart when he would look at her with a warm light in his eyes. It pained you more when you would catch him sulking when he was alone.

You knew what it was about and you wouldn't dare open the topic to him nor anyone for the matter. You feared that you would bawl and lock yourself in your house. After all, you were only a girl with feelings for someone who wouldn't return it.

You were nothing but a friend compared to Wadda, and nothing more.

"I'm spacing out again. Stop it!" You blinked and saw the aforementioned sea witch smile at you, the forlorn expression gone and replaced with a positive mood.

"I'm going to take a walk in town and say hi to everybody. Do you want to come with me?"

"Um.... I'll keep the others company while you're out.... Don't stress yourself, Wadda." You stood from your place and walked her to the door. She gave you one last smile and a wave goodbye before she set off into town to find her friends.

You quietly shut the door and head towards the room on your right to tell her familiars about her whereabouts.

What surprised you was that Memoca and Dolphi weren't on their drawing table and Fukami was alone there. Quickly shoving your nervousness away, you approached his side and followed his stare.

His gaze was on Dolphi's drawing of the four of them. Wadanohara stood on his right while Memoca stood on his left with Dolphi beside her. From where you're standing, you can already sense his sulking and gloomy thoughts.

At this point, you chose your words carefully as to not surprise the emotionless octopus. "Wadanohara decided to go into town to say hi to everyone. She'll be back later."

No response from him.

You shuffled your feet on the floor as you fidgeted in your place, not used to your heart beating erratically at how close you are to him right now. You sighed and tried your best to calm down to say what's on your mind.

"Look, Fukami..... I know how you feel about her." You risked a glance to see him tense at your words, his body still and unmoving which is a clear indication that he heard you.

Clearing your throat, you gained the courage to face him and tell him the rest of your thoughts.

"I know that.... you're not one to speak your mind and confide in someone but....... I'm here for you. And you can tell me anything that's been bothering you....."

No response again. His face and rigid posture didn't change as you said this, which earned a sigh from you.

"I'm going to find Memoca and Dolphi. I'll.... see you later...." With that, you left him to his thoughts and went on your way to find Wadda's two other familiars.

You were actually glad to tell him that. Although it wouldn't do you any good, you would willingly lend him an ear to make him feel the least bit okay. Even if his feelings for Wadanohara are involved.

That fact alone wouldn't change your resolve and...... you don't want to force your feelings on him. That would be selfish and inconsiderate of you. Deeming things are better this way, you smiled and brushed those thoughts away.

Unbeknownst to you, Fukami's eyes followed your retreating form.

"......." He closed his eyes for a brief moment, thinking about what you told him.

"I know that.... you're not one to speak your mind and confide in someone but....... I'm here for you. And you can tell me anything that's been bothering you....."

A sigh escaped his lips, his eyes fluttering open as a ghost of a smile graced his lips. Your caring words sent a familiar warmth to seep into his body and his clouded gray eyes seemed to clear a tiny bit.

"....... Thank you." He muttered, the smile wiped off of his pallid face as he left his spot to go to the boat to clear his mind.

*****************************************

Ha~ That felt fulfilling, even if it ended on a melancholic note. Sorry about how crappy this turned out to be.

I decided that, since Fukami really likes Wadanohara and felt sort of neglected, he needs some care and attention for now. As you can see, I rushed this because it's night from where I am right now.

And I'm still getting to that Haruhi oneshot request. This is only a commemoration of how I finished WATGBS in one day! 😊

Although I missed a picture of Fukami snapping in the Bonus room 😥 Dang it.

Oh well, I'll see you all in another piece~