A Kiss Gone Wrong (Licorice; Gray Garden)

I do not own the picture above. It belongs to Deep Sea Prisoner/Mogeko. I couldn't find any other picture since I can't seem to pick any fanart of him. So..... I apologize to Deep Sea Prisoner if this isn't an okay thing to do.

I'm not sure what series Licorice is really in. So, I put him in the Gray Garden universe because..... Well..... That's the reality he's living in. Anyway, I hope you this is satisfactory enough for a oneshot :3

Legend: (n/n) — nickname

Warning: Not really a warning, but there's an intense Satanick x reader moment here for plot purposes (This was so awkward for me to write, I can't even)

--

"Not to be rude, but please leave this out of our conversation."

"I'm only asking for one kiss, (n/n). Come ooooon."

I crossed my arms and blankly stared at Satanick, pouting at my blatant response. Rolling my eyes, I kept talking to him in hopes of diverting his attention away from his unrelenting request.

At the same time, I remembered how I ended up in this predicament.

~Flashback~

Sitting on the bright and flame-colored throne is Lord Ivlis, irritation marring his usually frowning face. He hasn't said anything about my arrival yet and kept staring ahead of him. I raised an eyebrow at this, curious as to what's been troubling him for the past five minutes I was here.

The Devil summoned me while I was watching over Licorice, who was drawing on a piece of paper with crayons at the time. Emalf passed by the room with Poemi and told me that Lord Ivlis needed me for something before getting dragged off by her in a rush.

Seconds, minutes, and almost an hour passed in deadly silence. His expression didn't change and an occasional sigh could be heard from him. Unable to bear the tense silence, I voiced my thoughts, loud enough for him to hear me.

"Is something the matter, Lord Ivlis?"

"It's something alright." He grumbled, standing up from his seat. The noise of his footsteps were shrouded in the carpeted floor, not once interrupting the silence, as he approached me. I didn't flinch at his smoldering stare, I just blinked at him as if he wasn't towering over me. It was like this for a few minutes before he sighed and finally told me what was on his mind.

"I want you to watch over the castle while I'm gone. I can't trust Emalf and the rest with this— they might destroy it into ruins with their idiocy."

"...... And where are you going?" I inquired, obviously taking his order with respect and understanding. I didn't need to think much of it considering his choice of words were bluntly spoken.

"....... I need some fresh air." He answered with a straight face, but the sweat dripping down his temple was a dead giveaway that he doesn't want to tell.

"......"

"......"

"They're bullying you, aren't they?" My words didn't even sound like a question like it should be. I can imagine an arrow stabbing him on the back as he flinched from my conclusion.

"N-no..... I want to go out. That's all there is to it." He regained his composure and gave me another blank look before he disappeared in a column of flames, leaving me to my thoughts. I decided to keep Lord Ivlis' outing a secret to avoid any unfavorable circumstances and  I walked out of the throne room to return to Licorice.