A Love Never Forgotten (Norway: Lukas Bondevik; Hetalia)

Edit: ....... I...... What...... His Beautiful World design..... I.... 😶 Don't know what to say

Hello! I have another requested one-shot for foursix10! She's a good friend of mine so, when she requested this, I couldn't help but say yes. But then when I published it on DA, where she first requested it, it didnt appear. Two hours of work wasted *sighs*

Never mind that! Our guest today is Lukas Bondevik a.k.a Norway!

Me: Hi Norway. *smiles and waves*

Norway: Hi Angel. *waves in return*

Me: So Norway, can you do the disclaimer for me?

Norway: *sighs* I know, I know. *faces readers* HeavenlyAngel761 does not own Hetalia and its characters. It belongs to Hidekaz Himaruya and the company that supports it. She also does not own you.

Me: Thank you! And now onwards to the one-shot! Also, WARNING: THIS IS AN ANGST ONE-SHOT SO NO LIKEY, DO NOT READ AND NORWAY MAY BE OOC HERE. It seems odd though, your fangirls aren't h-

Fangirls: *barges into the room and squeals* KYAAA!!! Norway! We love you!

Me: I spoke too soon. Quick, hide!
*********************************************************************

Norway's POV

I stared at the tombstone that presents the name of my deceased loved one.

"Here lies (Y/N) (L/N), a loving and caring young lady. Her...." The words were faded away by how long this tombstone was set in this cemetery.

I placed the bouquet of (f/f) near it and knelt down in front of it. I continued staring at it as memories flood my mind. A hiccup escaped my lips as my body wracked with sobs.

"I couldn't save her. I should've never been careless. She died. Her death caused by paralysis, and it's all my fault..." I mournfully thought as my mind slipped back into that memory.

~5 years ago~

3rd Person POV

"Norway, there you are!" Exclaimed a female with (h/l), (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes and a (s/c) complexion, waving to get his attention. Norway has a small smile on his face as he approached his happy girlfriend.

______ and Norway were a couple of 2 years, the both of them loyal and steady with each other. They first met in a park when ______ was sitting on a park bench, crying about her parents' death. Norway was passing by at that time and he noticed the weeping girl. He thought for a moment and decided to comfort her.

He sat down, patted her back and asked her what was wrong. Shocked that an absolute stranger would comfort her, ______ told him everything, from the car accident caused by a truck jamming into the back of their car to the doctor telling her that her parents have already passed away.

Eversince then, they became friends then it bloomed into a romantic relationship. They both loved each other and ______ took it well when Norway admitted that he was a personification of a country. They would go to dates from time to time despite their busy schedules, and those dates are ones like this right now.

The both of them planned to go to a cafe, which is two streets away from where they are now, and decided to walk to go there. They were chatting happily as they crossed the road, without their knowing, a truck was speeding their way. The truck driver didn't notice about the stoplight turning red and so he continued driving.

The truck driver noticed a couple crossing and he immediately honked his horn and hit the brakes, but it was too late. Hearing the horn beforehand, ______ pushed Norway out of the way. Before she could even get away, the truck rammed into her causing her to fly a few feet away and hit her head on the pavement.

"______......" Norway's lilac gaze swept towards ______, her form all bloodied and bruised. Shouting and aware of what happened, people were surrounding her body. The truck driver was sweating bullets and called an ambulance, thinking of paying for her hospital bills since it was his fault for her injury.

Norway lifted himself off the ground and ran his way to ______'s unconscious form. "Out of my way!" He exclaimed, shoving his way in and reaching for her.

As soon as he did, he knelt down and placed her head on his lap. He didn't care about the blood that stuck to his shirt as he cried her name. Blood soaked her (h/l), (h/c) locks, cuts were visible on her arms and cheeks and her face was streaked with blood. Soon, an ambulance came and carried ______ on a stretcher then lifted her inside the ambulance, Norway following inside after.

After hours of waiting for news of ______ in the Emergency Room and sitting on one of the chairs outside the said room in agony, Norway looked up when a doctor from the ER approached him. "Is she alright?" Norway asked, standing up and anxious for what's to come.

The doctor cleared his throat before saying, "It seems that she would be fine." Norway almost let out a sigh of relief before the doctor added two words that caused his breath to get caught in his throat, "For now."

After that, ______ was brought to a hospital room. Her world came crashing down when she received news that her legs were paralyzed and soon, it would spread all over her body causing her to die in a month.

The doctors couldn't find a cure for her paralysis and so, they confined her here for safety measures. She was now lying down on the bed, her upper body propped up by a pillow. Clutching her hand and cursing himself, Norway was seated on a chair beside her. He kept apologizing to her over and over again, blaming himself for what happened.

"It's alright Lukas. Please stop crying." ______ told him, giving his hand a squeeze of reassurance. "It's not your fault. Look, if I only have a month left to live, then lets make the most of it, alright?" Norway could only hug her in reply. She smiled and returned the hug.

True to her words, Norway kept visiting her and spending time with her, talking about current events or random subjects. Everyday, Norway willed himself not to cry in front of ______. She was getting paler and more stiff each day, a marking about how many days she has left.

Now, it was her last day of living. ______ was now fully paralyzed and her breaths were now ragged. "Norway, I love you. Please don't blame yourself for this. Just remember, I will always....love...you." With a final breath, she went limp. A serene smile was on her lips as she did. Norway cried, pained that he had to see her leave him.

~Present~

3rd Person POV

Tears streamed down the Norwegian's cheeks as he reminisced that painful memory of the past. He never loved another person other than ______. His cheeks felt the caress of a hand and he imagined that she was there, still beside him, still watching over him.

"I miss you...." With that thought, he left the cemetery. He didn't notice a female with (h/l), (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes in the form of a ghost staring at his disappearing figure. "I miss you too Norway." She said with a small smile, the wind taking her words away.

She stayed here one last time to see how Lukas was doing and now she would have to leave him. A sudden gust of wind blew her hair as she disappeared from sight.

*********************************************************************

Done~ Two updates in one day, biggest achievement I've ever accomplished! *fist pumps* Anyways, Norway already left since the fangirls started to tail on him on his way home. Good thing, I lent him a few bodyguards of mine....

I hope you enjoyed it foursix10! It's my first time doing an angst one-shot so, you can judge. Bye~
HeavenlyAngel761