Christmas Pie (John Egbert; Homestuck)

I stared at the open box in my hands; torn wrapping paper crumpled up next to me. Inside is a (color) scarf with my name embroidered at one end. I cautiously held it up and searched the box for any signs of danger, but found none.

I shot a suspicious look at the boy before me, "Is there some sort of pranking mechanism in this box, Egbert?"

The glasses-wearing boy chuckled and shook his head no, clearly amused at how I knew him so well to accuse him of such a thing. "No! It's Christmas for gog's sake-"

He stopped himself, slapping a palm on his face and groaning incoherently. I could only make out the words Strider and troll slang from him. The both of us are currently in my living room and occupying the two sofas with a glass coffee table in the middle.

As he said, today's Christmas and almost everyone had plans but John and I. Jade, Dave, and Karkat decided to take a trip somewhere because Jade wanted to and Dave doesn't give a crap. He just goes with the flow like that.

I'm going to feel sorry for Karkat if they're going to a mosquito-infected place. He hasn't experienced how nasty the critters are, no matter how small they seem.

Jake and Dirk were going to spend the whole day together; not sure how, but they'll work it out on their own. The Lalondes and Jane are also going to hang out together- plus Kanaya since Rose and her are a thing.

The other trolls had their own groups and buddies to go to this Christmas and, now, John and I decided to spend the day together before dinner with our families.

While John was distracted, I slid my present towards him. The gift box smoothly sailed in front of him and stopped with the help of John's hand.

"Merry Christmas, John." I smiled as innocently as I could, catching his attention from his post-slang agony. He grinned, his cute buckteeth showing, and he took the box with careful hands.

"Merry Christmas to you too," he said, tearing the wrapping paper off and lifting the flaps of the box open.

SPLAT

I bit my lip, resisting the urge to laugh my ass off at the priceless expression on his face.

I have pranked the Prank Master with the oldest trick in the book.

The pie tin fell with a clank, smearing cream on the table. John gaped at me with his hands still holding the flaps and his glasses now smudged with cream. It was silent for a few moments before he finally spoke to break it.

"What flavor is this?"

"Banana," a smirk painted my lips and I couldn't take it anymore. I laughed to the point where I felt a stitch on my side and tears sprang in my eyes.

From the corner of my eye, I could see the corners of his mouth twitching into a smile and took off his glasses to wipe the cream off. He swiped some of the cream with his index finger and sarcastically said, "Ha ha, you got me there. Good job, _____."

"Th-thanks," I choked, still hysterically laughing on my spot. I closed my eyes and tried hard to stop laughing when I felt something warm on my lips and something moist brushing my cheeks.

My eyes shot open and I couldn't help the heat radiating off my face. John had his eyes closed and, despite all that cream on his face, he had the gall to kiss me right then and there.

I admit, it was an effective way to shut me up.

The kiss ended too soon and it was John's turn to laugh, "You got something on your face there, _____."

I gingerly placed a finger on my cheek and took some of the cream I got from him. I licked it all up, (it's such a waste to just wipe it off), and looked at the dork when he suddenly stopped laughing.

He seems to be intensely staring at me and I couldn't tell what his reaction is with all the cream on his face. I tilted my head to the side and wondered why, until I realized what I had done in front of him.

"Looks like you have to clean my face up."

"Shut up, Egbert. There's a box of tissues next to you, use them."

"Hey, I think there's still something on your lips-"

"Don't you dare-!"

And that is how I got together with John Egbert on Christmas day with some Christmas pie.

--

An early Merry Christmas everyone~

Not my best work out there, but I wanted to write something for Christmas. I've already forgotten the last time I made a Christmas-themed oneshot and decided to make one with Egderp haha XD

Still adorable even after they won the game~ *sigh* You gotta love Egbert. And the Striders... and the Lalondes... Jake and Jade... and the trolls...

Anyway, Merry Christmas~

From, HeavenlyAngel761