Chapter Twenty Four

~Noelle's POV~

"I'm so hungry-"

"You finished eating that burger five minutes ago, please stop complaining." Summer stared at her sister in utter disgust, as she continued picking at the fries in the paper bag she had tucked into her elbow.

Kristen glared at her, "so what? You're eating more than me!"

"We ordered the same food!" Spluttered Summer, "it's your fault you inhale your food like an animal."

I stared at the floor, pleading that my phone would ring, or the pilot would land the plane that had been circling the city for the last thirty minutes. The girls had been bickering all morning, although I knew it wasn't about the food.

They were both excited to see their parents, but I knew they wanted to meet their soulmates too. They didn't know who they were, and it was entirely possible that they were living in Wakanda with their family.

My stomach rumbled, and I felt almost nauseous. "Do you guys have anything to eat?" I mumbled, "I really need to eat something."

"I told you to order when we were there, why didn't you get anything?"

"I was finishing throwing up! I wasn't hungry." I protested.

My bag pinged, which halted the approaching argument, and I reached for my phone that was buried in the bottom of it. I swiped the screen, and read the message that clearly stated the plane had landed and we were to walk around the side of the building to the park where they were now based.

We trudged around the corner, as I explained to both Kristen and Summer that we would still have to wait for Steve and Angie to arrive so they shouldn't rush.

A woman in intricate clothing and glistening jewellery was stood to attention next to the doors. She nodded as she saw us walking, and gestured behind her. "This is your transportation today."

"Its wonderful," I smiled, "I really do appreciate-"

"I cannot fly you back. I have urgent business here that cannot be postponed."

I blinked, "oh okay, is someone there who can fly..." I peered up to the door, but the woman was already shaking her head.

"Too busy. But the Captain Rogers has the ability to. I need to go, look after these." She pressed what I assumed were some form of keys into my hand, and walked in the opposite direction.

Summer watched her go in slight worry, "what... what just happened?"

"I have no idea," I mumbled, "I don't know."

***

~Steve's POV~

The blue dot beeped along the screen, only stopping when I did in front of the door of the house I had spent the last hour trying to find.

The window beside my head was flung open, and the smell of burning followed the black cloud of smoke that billowed out. I watched as Lewis, the cousin of the girl Angie had spent the night with, threw the contents of a baking sheet beside the bins below.

He caught my eye as he was about to slide his upper body back through the window. He grinned, "I can't make cookies." He pointed to the door, "its unlocked, let yourself in."

He met me in the hall, just as Chris left the room at the back of the house, young Oliver holding a backpack in his arms. "Aye!" He grinned, lifting his hand as he offered a half hug, half handshake.

I slapped him on the back, enjoying the sense of belonging with my new friends - even if they weren't quite good friends yet.

"I am so sorry I'm late," I apologised. "I've been trying to look for a while, but my phone wouldn't direct me properly."