Chapter Seventeen

~Noelle's POV~

"How do you want to tell her?" Steve asked, propping himself on his elbow so he could study my expression.

I frowned, feeling nervous at the prospect of announcing my pregnancy to Angie. It had just been me and her for so long, and even though she accepted Steve into our family immediately, I knew having a younger sibling would be different. She would have to learn to share her parents with another person, and the thought made me anxious.

"Can we just go to the doctors for this exam? Normally it just confirms you're pregnant, but they've already said that to you. If they give me the all clear then we can tell Angie tonight."

"That sounds great. I'll go and-"

I didn't hear the rest of his sentence as I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, feeling my stomach constricting as I threw my face towards the toilet. I made it just in time, as I brought up the meal I'd eaten the night before.

Steve flew to the bathroom, and I heard him shuffling around behind me, before the tap turned on. He knelt by my side moments later, and offered me the cold glass of water as I wretched into the bowl.

"You're okay," he murmured, rubbing my back gently. "You're okay, this is the morning sickness right?"

I lifted my head, and turned to stare at him. My entire body ached now I'd got out of bed, and I shuffled back. "Let's hope so." I muttered.

"Just sip this," he smiled warmly, "it might help."

I nodded, and accepted the glass as he stood up and ducked out of the room. I heard him talking to Angie, before she ran past the bathroom door towards the living room.

"I'll drop Angie at the neighbours if you want your shower now?" He asked, poking his head back around the door.

I clung to the sink as I stood up, and nodded again. "Yeah, that would be great thank you."

"It's not a problem." He glanced back down the hall, before slipping into the bathroom. His hand traced my arm as his eyes studied mine, "you'll tell me if it's too much right? If you need to sleep or rest or eat, you will tell me?"

I wrapped my arms around his torso, and leant my head on his chest. "Of course I will."

Angie swung the door open with a pout, "Come on Stevie, we're going on an adventure!"

I stepped back, and gave her a small warning. "Be nice for Marcus. Remember to say please and thank you, okay?"

"Okay," she wrapped her arms around my legs.

"We'll pick you up just before lunchtime, have fun." I smiled as she dragged Steve to the door.

"I will!" She called over her shoulder, before she yanked Steve out of the room and down the hall. I could hear him laughing after her, and telling her she couldn't take all of her toys to the apartment across the hall.

I stepped into the shower, and let the water warm around me. Since discovering I was pregnant, it felt like all of the symptoms had amped up. I'd already been feeling tired but I'd put that down to working and looking after Angie. I knew I'd been feeling a little under the weather too, but again, Angie had been sick recently and I assumed I'd caught the bug.

But now I was feeling exhausted, completely drained at the prospect of doing anything. I was throwing up constantly, and I needed the toilet all the time.

I didn't let Steve know. He was busy setting up his new gym, and stepping down from being Captain America, all on top of looking after Angie when I couldn't.