Chapter Thirteen

~Steve's POV~

"Baby?" Noelle slurred as she staggered against my chest. I glanced down at her, and adjusted my arm that was wrapped around her waist so she could stand a little straighter.

"What is it?" I asked, careful to let the rest of the bar file out before we did. Amelie and Bucky were perched by the counter, waving their goodbyes to the few regulars that remained whilst I attempted to get Noelle to leave.

"I love you." She whispered, stumbling forward to press her lips to my neck. I felt hot, a flustered blush rising on my cheeks as her hand stroked down my chest.

"Not here." I mumbled, holding her hand against my arm as I grabbed her bag and swung it over my shoulder.

She giggled, and straightened enough to act sober as she marched over to Amelie and Bucky. "It was lovely meeting you." Her voice was loud, almost shouting as she nodded her head repeatedly. "We should do it again sometime."

The couple in front of her nodded, wearing matching smiles as they glanced at me. Amelie held her arm out in a hug, "take care Noelle."

"You too!" Noelle almost shouted, before swinging wildly around and grabbing my arm. "Come on soldier."

Bucky snorted as I was dragged out of the bar, and I shook my head as I tried to keep up with my soulmate. She let go of my hand, and wobbled forwards with her arms thrusted into the air. "I'm tired!" She laughed, turning to walk backwards so she could face me.

I lurched forwards and grabbed her as she slipped on the edge of the pavement, and dragged her to the side as a car screeched past. "Are you trying to get yourself hurt?" I muttered, attempting to hoist her to her feet.

She slumped down, acting like a dead weight as I tugged on her arms. "Carry me." She mumbled, looking up at me with wide eyes and a pout on her lips. "Please carry me." Her arms lifted up, fingers wiggling as she waited for my answer.

A reluctant smile tugged at my lips as I bent down and slung her over one shoulder. She giggled as her face flew past my ear, and her hands rested on my lower back. She hummed softly as I began the slow walk back to her house, but slowed as her hands trailed down. "Noelle?" I warned, hearing her soft, sleepy laughs as her palms rhythmically started tapping my bum. "Elle, what are you doing?"

"Nice and sexy." She mumbled, almost inaudibly.

"Okay." I sighed, and bent down so her toes could plant down on the pavement. Within the second I'd lifted her back up, holding her in my arms with her head lolling against my chest. "I'll carry you this way."

Her fingers stroked my chest softly, as her eyes flicked between my face and body. I crossed the road, hugging her closer as I felt the goosebumps erupt on her arms. "Make love to me?" She whispered.

I could feel my cheeks darken furiously. "Elle-"

"Please make love to me?"

I leant down to kiss the top of her head, and rubbed my thumb along the small part of her leg I could reach. "Doll, you're drunk and we're still a five minute walk from your house. And Angie's home."

"We'll be quiet." She protested, clumsily nudging her glasses higher up her face. "We can be quiet."

"There is nothing more I want than to make love to you darling," I lifted her higher, "but you are so drunk and you aren't as quiet as you think."

"I'll try to be quiet." Her arms lifted around my shoulders as her apartment building approached on the horizon. "I love you."

She began pressing sloppy kisses across my neck and cheeks as I pushed the door open, and she tried to swing her legs around my waist. I held in a laugh as she accidentally burped on my shoulder. "You're a mess." I chuckled, rubbing her back softly as she hooked her face over my shoulder.