Chapter Eighteen

~Noelle's POV~

I ran my hand around my stomach, feeling the familiar ache of nausea rise from the pit of my stomach. I held a hand over my mouth, and waved to Bobby who had glanced up from his computer.

I darted through the side door, and skidded around the corner to the toilets, where I proceeded to vomit the tasteless breakfast I'd eaten that morning.

I crouched down, and shakily wiped the tears that had inevitably rolled down my cheeks as part of the reflex to being sick. "You're going to kill me baby." I stroked my stomach, where I had grown a bump that made me look bloated.

I gently lifted myself up, and flushed the toilet before rinsing my mouth with a bottle of water I'd grabbed from my desk on the way.

I stepped out of the cubicle, to see Dani leaning on the sinks, with her dark eyes narrowed at me. I froze, and glanced back to the toilet.

"You okay?" She asked, her eyebrows raising.

I nodded, "I'm fine."

"Just a fluke, being sick?" She questioned again. "If you're sick Noelle you need to go home."

"I'm not sick-" I stammered quickly. I'd already been housebound for a week after fainting at my parents house. "I'm just..."

Her lips quirked into a slight smirk as she waited.

"I'm pregnant." I whispered.

Dani grinned, and wrapped me in her arms, her body squeezing mine close. "I fucking knew it."

"You can't tell anybody though." I explained, "I'm not twelve weeks yet."

"That's chill with me." She slid onto the countertop as I washed my hands, and popped a mint in my mouth. "Is it going okay?"

I shrugged, "not really. I feel sick all the time, and the doctor told me I now have type 2 diabetes, which is a mess. I've never had to monitor my sugar levels, and insulin, before, and it's confusing me a bit."

I leant on the wall by the door. "But this is a hard bit anyway, I think. The second trimester with Angie was okay, and then it gets harder again. And then there's the birth, but I've done that before..." I trailed off.

Dani smiled softly, "just let me know if you need an escape. If it's really rough, or you need to sit outside for a bit, just let me know. I'll cover for you."

"Thank you." I smiled weakly as I had another sip of water. "My shift finishes today though, Bobby said I could work from home this afternoon 'cause it's my turn to sort through the emails and course stuff."

"Better get going then." Dani checked her phone, "it's quarter to, Are you picking Angie up?"

I nodded, and together we wandered back to the main office. Bobby spared me a glance, "feeling alright love?"

"Yeah, just ate too much last night. Repeated a bit." I mumbled, as I logged off my computer and packed my bag.

David snorted from his chair behind mine. "Drank too much more like."

I laughed, "I wish. But I'm trying to be good, cutting back and all that."

I slung my bag over my shoulder as Dani gave me a knowing look. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

They chorused their goodbyes, and I hurried to my car behind the building. I didn't want to be late again. Angie's teacher had been tolerant as I had been a single mum for a long time, but the more rumours circulating about Steve and I meant that she knew there was a second parent in the house.