Chapter Twenty Eight

*Please note that there are violent/torture scenes in this chapter. Please avoid this if it will cause upset. I can add a summary of this chapter if people would like.*

~Steve's POV~

Pain flared all over my body, pricking my skin like it was burning. A groan slipped past my lips as I tried to move, open my eyes slightly to evaluate my surroundings.

I managed to open them, but the room was pretty dark and it took a moment for them to adjust to the gloomy lighting.

Just as I realised I was tied to a chair, with thick rope wrapped around my wrists and ankles, strapping me down, a bright spotlight flickered on above me.

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to listen out for anyone moving. I didn't hear anyone, but when I opened them there was a woman stood in front of me.

She had long hair, dark and fluffed around her shoulders. Her clothes were form fitting, eyes narrowed as she examined me. "You look a bit sore love, need a hand?"

I flinched at her voice. Had I heard it before? My head pounded as I slowly lifted it, trying to meet her eyes.

"Oh, poor Captain, you don't recognise me do you?" She tutted as she examined her nails, playing with her time, "I'm your new soulmate."

"What?" I managed to speak, finally. My throat was rough, and I couldn't help the coughs that ripped upwards from chest.

She held a soft cloth handkerchief to my mouth as she slapped my back, "come on baby, keep coughing. I'll get you a glass of water once you tell me my name."

I pulled my head back, twisting my neck as I studied her. There was still a tickle in my throat, but I turned and coughed into my shoulder. "I don't-"

"Now Steve," she fluttered her eyes, hand pressed over her large chest, "it really is very rude to forget a woman's name. Especially when she will take yours eventually."

The pieces were slowly falling into place. I had met her, in the playground of Angie's school. She was the woman who sold Noelle's past to the papers... told the world that we were together.

"Sharon?" I croaked.

Her eyes lit up, genuine happiness lighting her smile as she clasped her hands together, "see, you know me! No need to sound so disappointed my love, we'll be together now."

I tried to stretch out of her grasp, but her hands were already wandering over my body. "You aren't my soulmate. You made sure everyone knew that."

"Oh that's old news, no one cares about that now baby. Anyway, old Ellie won't want you after these guys are done with you." She slid away, picking up her handbag from where it had been sitting on a table in the shadows in front of me. She dug through it, before sliding a phone out.

"What guys?" I called, "what's happening?"

I tried pulling at the ropes tying me down. Normally this wouldn't be enough to trap me, but I was struggling to fight against them.

She tutted me again, "don't tire yourself out now Captain. You'll pull a muscle." She laughed to herself as she held her phone against her ear, eyes meeting mine as she placed a manicured finger to her lips. "He's all ready. Yes, he can't move. Tonight? Wonderful." She shoved her phone back into her bag and walked back to me, hands placed on my knees as she leant over lips tickling my cheek.

I felt physically sick.

"They want a word with you, but I can take you home tonight. I can't wait to finally have you all to myself." Her fingers trailed down my throat, slipping under the collar of my shirt. I tried to pull away again, mind swimming as I choked on my words.