Chapter Twenty Six

~Noelle's POV~

Call it being nosey, call it taking an interest in your sisters life.

Either way, when I peered round the corner in the walled gardens after seeing Summer disappear around it, I wasn't expecting to see T'Challa picking her up with ease and pressing her against the wall.

I didn't realise I could move so quickly as I ran back to the main grounds, and sat on a bench to catch my breath. Steve had caught me then, and I had to sheepishly admit what I had seen.

And he knew! The cheeky man knew this whole time!

Which was fine, but Angie had found it difficult to leave her auntie in Wakanda.

We had been home for three days and she was still questioning it.

"She wants to spend time with Babu and Bibi," Steve explained, as he attempted to carefully brush through Angie's hair. He peered at the video he had paused on the phone next to him, scrunching his face up when he found a knot.

"Stevie! That hurts!" She screeched, slamming a hand on her head dramatically. Steve looked like he was about to cry, but didn't let me intervene. Instead he apologised, kissed Angie's head, and used his fingers to delicately untangle her curls.

"Just think how excited everyone will be to see you!" I said, resting my hand on my hip, holding the cloth I had used to finish drying the dishes, "Uncle Bucky is bringing his wife and daughter, and Clint is bringing his children too."

"But I want to see Brucie and Thor," she puckered her lip, "Brucie gives me ice cream for lunch."

The one time he had been left to babysit solo.

I shook my head with a smile, "they'll be there too."

Steve's video was abruptly interrupted by a ringing, and Angie was quick to pick the phone up with both her hands. She sounded the name out, "Cap... captain, Am... er... ica. Captain America." She gasped, "is this Mister America!"

"Slide it that way, to the right, there you go." Steve guided her hand as he attempted to continue styling her hair, but Angie was distracted as her face split into a wide smile as her favourite superhero was on the screen.

I continued plodding around the kitchen, attempting to finish cleaning the glasses before it was time for a shower before the party at the Tower. But I was being drawn back to their conversation.

"-and Auntie Summer is living there now which is sad but Mummy says she'll visit me and ring me all the time."

"I'm sure she will!" Sam said, "now I have a message for Steve, can you pass me to him?"

"No!"

"Angie," I warned. With a frown, she moved the phone so Sam could see Steve.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, er, I just wanted to give you a heads up that-" there was a pause, and I saw Steve's brows knit tight.

"Is that-?"

"Yeah, apparently he is nice now and has already met Bucky - did he not mention anything?"

Steve shrugged, "it's been a few weeks since we had a catch up. But..."

"Who is it?" Angie moved the phone back to her face.

"Thor's little brother. He can do magic tricks, ask him to do some later. I'll see you later - bye!"

His shout filled the room for a moment before he hung up, and the silence hung thick in the air.

Steve's hands were paused over Angie's hair, and I lowered myself onto the sofa opposite his seat on the table, and manoeuvred Angie to stand between my legs as I finished her hair.