Chapter Eleven

~Steve's POV~

"I want to be with her all the time." I hummed, holding the phone to my ear.

"It sounds like you're in love." Bucky laughed down the speaker.

"I am." I replied quickly. Truthfully.

And I was. I hadn't known Noelle for very long, and it had taken a little while for the two of us to confess to knowing we were soulmates. But I knew I loved her, from the painful way I missed her whenever she left, and the euphoria I felt whenever she smiled at me. I was head over heels, almost dangerously in love with my soulmate.

"Does she know?" Bucky questioned, and I could tell he was more curious than he was letting on.

"I haven't told her." I bit my lip, "but I don't exactly hide it."

"What about her daughter..." he trailed off, presumably trying to remember her name. "Angie?"

"I think Angie likes me. Well, she tells me she does at least." I smiled, knowing Angie did like me, from how she'd rambled in my ear whilst I'd carried her home after her fun afternoon swimming.

"Can I meet them? Noelle and Angie? I know I kind of met Noelle at the Tower, but we didn't actually meet properly."

"Yes!" I poured myself a drink, and sipped it quickly. "And I need to meet D'Arcy. I can't believe you adopted a daughter and I haven't even met her."

His laugh broke me off, before his voice became quiet and muffled, talking to someone away from his phone. "D'Arcy wants to meet you too."

"She does?" I glanced at the door, thinking I heard somebody walking along the hall outside.

"Of course she does, you're her Uncle, punk."

"Uncle punk, that's got a nice ring to it." I paced the floor for a moment, before sinking back down onto the sofa. "How's Amelie?"

Bucky sighed, "not good."

I'd been worrying about his soulmate for a while, knowing her traumas were dragging her down again, but Bucky was figuring out a plan to help her. His dedication to improving her health, and my sudden meeting of my soulmate meant we hadn't seen each other in several weeks. Too much had happened, and we had too much to catch up on over the phone.

The handle rattled, and I looked up as Noelle walked through the door. She grinned at me, walking straight over to press a kiss to the top of my head before sauntering to the kitchen.

Bucky went quiet, "is that Noelle coming home?"

I watched her as she danced around the kitchen, and I couldn't help but smile. "Yeah."

"God, you sound like a lovesick teenager."

"I feel like one." I laughed.

Noelle turned around, and pointed to her ear. 'Is that Bucky?' She mouthed.

I nodded, and she grinned. "Tell him I say hi."

"She says hello." I told Bucky, who immediately began babbling about how kind she was. "He says hello too."

Noelle grinned, and turned back around, opening cupboards in search of food.

"Hey, Steve I should go. Amelie's working and I need to make D'Arcy some lunch." Bucky said.

"Look at you, being a responsible father." I grinned.

"I know," he laughed. "Who'd have thought it?"

We hung up shortly after that, deciding on a date when we could meet one another's families officially.

Noelle, noticing I was now unoccupied, wandered over and flopped her body across my lap, burying her head in my chest. "I missed you." She mumbled.