Chapter Six

~Steve's POV~

The cool air woke me up as I began the short walk to the bar close to the Tower. Bucky's soulmate was in the process of taking over as the landlord, and the she kept a keen eye on the tab I kept behind the bar.

Bucky had invited me for an evening out, and after getting ridiculously drunk the other day, I realised I needed a serious conversation with him about our futures. Mine following the tangled fate that would entwine my life with Noelle and Angie, and his following a strict process of paperwork to adopt a young girl he and Amelie found.

"Hey Steve!" Amelie grinned at me from behind the bar as soon as I walked in, already pouring my usual drink. By the time I reached the bar, it was sat ready with large ice cubes floating in it.

"Hey," I hopped onto the top of the chair, spinning the glass a little before I took a sip. "How's the adoption coming along?"

She groaned, and turned back to face me. "There is so much work to do! Bucky's in the booth in the back going through some now."

"Well, if there's anything I can do-"

"You'll be on the top of the list Steve." She smiled, before she served the gentleman stood to the side of me. I stood up to leave and find Bucky, as he was the one who had invited me out for the evening, when Amelie's hand landed on top of mine. "Oh no you don't. You are going to sit there and tell me why Bucky rang me drunk, and you announced you had a soulmate!"

"What?" The glass slipped the inch to land on the top of the bar, the ice spilling around and causing a little to trickle over the sides.

Amelie stood triumphant, arms crossed as she smirked knowingly. "Bucky rang me completely legless, shouted 'its her!' then you started yelling about me being your soulmate and that I made you feel all fuzzy." She pulled a face, then leant closer. "So who are they?"

I paled, beginning to remember what had happened two days before. The hungover had lasted for most of a day and it was only this morning that I felt well enough to have another drink. "Her name's Noelle."

Amelies smile grew a little bigger as she listened, "And you've met her?"

"Yeah, but I've never had a proper-"

"Steve? Yes, that's you, I need to talk to you." Summer marched across the room from the door, and slid onto the seat next to me. "God I need a drink."

"What would you like?" Amelie asked politely, and moved around the bar to make her a cocktail.

"Steve, I don't know what to do!" Summer gushed, head in her hands as she complained.

"About what?" I looked at her crouched form, wondering how I could help.

"Noelle, who else?" I caught Amelie's raised eyebrow behind us, and waved a hand, as if to say I would explain it later.

"I..."

"You need to talk to her." She thanked Amelie for the drink, before taking a large gulp. "You have to! I can't handle knowing that you are her soulmate."

"I will talk to her," I promised, trying to distract myself with the drink in my hands. "I promise I will, I just need to-"

"Shush, she's coming!"

"She's what?" I was ushered from my chair and around the side of the bar as I saw Noelle walk through the door. I stared at Summer, who was waving me away conspiratorially.

I hung on, peering around the side to see her join her sister in law on the stools in front of the bar. Her hair was loose, tucked behind her ears as she leant forward to talk to Amelie, ordering her drink.