Jiara pt 3

After dropping Kie off, they headed back to the chateau. They got off the boat and started walking to the house. As they get to the door, JJ pulled Pope aside.

"Pope" he said regretfully. "I am sorry."

Pope was surprised at how genuine JJ sounded. He was still mad at him though.

"Why'd you do it." Pope asked calmly.

"Look, I didn't plan it, alright. It kinda just.. happened." JJ said, a little frustrated at himself.

"What exactly happened though?" Pope asked. He just wanted a serious answer. "Are you guys a thing?"

"No. We're not a thing." JJ paused, trying to figure out what they were. He hated having deep conversations, but he knew it had to happen.
"Listen, I was just drunk, and tired, and sad. And.. And she was just.. there. Ok." JJ said. his head was a mess. "She was really just comforting me.. as a friend.. but I understand how that looked. Ok but it wasn't like that." JJ knew it was more than that, but didn't have the gut to tell him. He also conveniently left out the part were they kissed.

"So there's nothing going on between you guys?" Pope asked again for reassurance.

JJ knew he couldn't lie to him about it again. Especially after he just saved him from a panic attack.

"I mean like.. yea I mean you know.." he paused and took a deep breathe. "I kinda like her." He shrugged, cringing at himself. His hand on his neck as he looked down, in shock that he even just admitted that. He hadn't even really admitted it to himself yet.

Pope stood there in silence.

"So.. you actually like her?" Pope asked, shocked and confused that those words even came out of JJs mouth. "Like- not just cause she hot, but because you ACTUALLY like her."

JJ froze. He wanted to take it all back. tell him that it was all some big joke. He was so uncomfortable.

"Listen dude.. it probably doesn't even matter. I know she doesn't like me back, so it's not even a big deal really." JJ said, trying to act like he didn't care.

"Wow." Pope said, looking him in the eye, almost laughing. "Whatever man, just- don't do anything stupid. Okay? Don't hurt her." Pope said, giving up.

"Right." JJ said awkwardly as Pope went inside.

Once Pope was gone, JJ took a deep breathe. Having serious conversations made him want to barf.

He pulled out a blunt that he had rolled earlier and lit it. He took several more deep breaths as he replayed the conversation in his head. Did this mean everyone was okay with them being a thing? JJ thought as he put the blunt up to his mouth and took another hit. He felt relief fill through his body. He started to smile. He couldn't stop.

He went to the hammock to think. He kept replaying everything that had happened to them in the past month, over and over again in his head. He went to sleep shortly after. He was finally happy.

The next morning, kiara drove over to the chateau. She saw JJ sleeping on the hammock and walked over to him. She looked down at him for a minute, admiring his cute sleeping face.

She decided to let him sleep, and walked into the chateau. Everyone was still asleep, so she sat down on the couch and waited for them to wake up. While she sat on her phone, she saw JJs phone on the floor. She picked it up so no one would step on it, and placed it on the couch next to her.

He then got a notification. It was from some random number that said "hey, still wanna hang tonight ;)" her heart sunk. She tried not to be nosey, but she accidentally read it.