Jiara pt 50

"Kie, hey" Pope called out. It was lunch time and Kie was sitting at the picnic table in the courtyard for lunch.

"Hey" Kie smiled as pope came and sat at the picnic table with her

"What are you doing here? I thought for sure y'all wouldn't be at school" pope said

"Yea, well. It's just me. My dad called and said I had to go to school, and I really want to be able to stay the night at the chateau again, so I kinda had to" Kie explained

"So you can hang out with JJ" Pope said in a mad tone, thinking about it.

"Uhm.." Kie said, not knowing how to respond

"Well, I'm glad your here actually Kie" pope said, changing back to a happy voice "I feel like we should talk. Yk, about last night"

"Yea- um" Kie said awkwardly "it's really fine, pope"

"Right, I just. You know we had a thing before you and JJ even started talking like that, so, I just feel like we have all this history yk" pope started "and I dunno I just feel like it's not finished between you and me kie" he said, gently grabbing her hand.

She pulled her hand away and looked at him confused.

"No, pope, it definitely is over between me and you" she said "and it has been for a while now"

"Come one kie" pope said, tilting his head "you know you two aren't gonna last anyways"

"Why would say that?" Kie said with an attitude "why wouldn't we?"

"Because hes JJ" pope said with a "duh" attitude

"Pope, JJs different when it's just me and him" Kie said "he's not always the crazy irrational guy that you think he is"

"Kie, just think about it"

"NO" Kie said, trying to make it clear "pope, it's not gonna happen. Look I get your sad about Cleo, but trying to get with me isn't going to fix anything, alright, it's only gonna make things worse."

"What? I can't at least shoot my shot" pope said, irritated

Kie froze and looked at him with disbelief.

"You know I'm telling JJ" Kie said, gathering her food and standing up

"Kie, come on that's not necessary" pope said, grabbing her arm gently, trying to get her to stay

"Yes it is pope" she said "your being a shit friend to him right now and he doesn't deserve it"

"How am I being a shit friend?!" Pope raised his voice

"I'm his girlfriend pope, and he's your best friend and your trying to get me to leave him for you!" Kie yelled back

"Don't act like he didn't do the same thing to me!" Pope said

"That was different!" Kie yelled

"How?!" He yelled "how is that any different?!"

"Because- it just is" Kie said, not sure how to explain it.

"No- see- because it's not" pope yelled

"Pope, what we had, and what me and JJ have, are two completely different things" Kie said

"It's really not" pope scoffed "what makes him so special anyways. Hes a lying thief who doesn't have a dime in his pocke-"

"Are being serious right now?!" Kie yelled, disgusted by the way he was acting

"I'm just confused Kie,as to why you would choose him over me, after all the bullshit he's put you through!"

"Pope, JJ has been there with me through everything!" She yelled "and I'm not just talking about while we've been together, but way before that! JJ was the only one that still talked to me during my kook year! Yea, it wasn't as much as we did before, but it was better than what you and John b did. Y'all ignored me. You acted like you never even met me. Especially you! He's been there with me through every fight with my parents, Every night I went home sobbing because I hated it there so much! He was even there when Sarah and I got in that fight! Everything! And where were you?"

"Kiara-"

"No! Where were you?? You were No where. So don't sit here, and try to tell me that your better than him, because your not!" She yelled in his face "you might have more money, and a better family, but your a shitty friend" she said turning around to walk away.

"Kie- come on"

"JJ is different than you in every single way possible" she said, turning back around, grabbing her bag and leaving. Wiping tears out of her eyes as she walked away.

She spent the rest of lunch in the bathroom crying. She hated the way pope was acting around her.

She avoided him for the rest of the day and barley made it to the dismissal bell.

She didn't have her car so her dad was picking her up. She got in his truck and as soon as she shut the door she started crying.

"How was your d- baby what's wrong??" He said looking over at her, noticing she was crying. Kie buried her head in her hands as she sobbed

"Kiara sweetie what happened?" Her dad asked sincerely

"Pope tried to kiss me last night at the chateau. And now he's acting terrible. And I just want to go home." She sobbed.

He let her cry for a little as he started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. He didn't really know what to say.

"Baby, you could have told me you were having such a bad day, I would have came and got you" Mike explained

"But I wanted to be able to go back to the chateau at nights" she said taking a choppy deep breath "and if I would have asked you to come get me, then you would have used it as an excuse to not let me go back"

"Hey" Mike said, sad to see his daughter so upset "it's okay"

They got home and Kie went straight up to her room. Anna tried to go follow her, but Mike told her not to.

She stayed in her room all night thinking about it. She didn't reply to any texts from anyone. She just wanted to be alone.

Meanwhile at the chateau; the pogues made a plan and called the mental hospital in Charleston. It was for more physical patients, like rafe. They would find a way to bring him to Charleston and admit him that weekend.

Afterwards, they wouldn't have to worry about him again for the next 6 months.

JJ took a shower and got ready for bed at the chateau. Before he went to sleep he texted Kie.

[JJ} how was school:/

[kie} terrible. Pope is being an ass.

[JJ} wait what? What did he say to you??

[kie} I'll tell you more tomorrow. I kinda just want to go to sleep right now..

[JJ} ok. I'll be at school tomorrow. I love you Kie

[kie} I love you too JJ🥲

[JJ} goodnight🖤🥵🍔

[kie} 🤦‍♀️
[kie} goodnight JJ😂
Read: 10:08 PM

{popes downfall??? Thank you all for reading!! Stay tuned<33 love you all}