Jiara pt 46

Everyone woke up early that morning and started packing their things back in their bags.

Kie and JJ walked out to the beach one more time before they left. It was early morning and the sun was barley up yet.

"This week has been amazing" JJ said as they walked down the board walk together. The morning wind blowing through their hair.

"It really has" she smiled and held his hand. "A part of me misses the obx though"

"Yeaa, I'm definitely ready to see John b and them again" JJ agreed. "Not ready for school to start back though"

"Ughh don't remind me" Kie said, not looking forward to it "only a few more months left"

"Yea then we have to do it all over again after summer" JJ said

"But then we're free" she smiled and looked over at him "we graduate and then we can do whatever we want"

He looked at her and smiled as well

"That's when the real fun starts" he smirked

They made it to the water and took in the last bit of paradise before heading back to the house. 

They packed all there things into the car and started back to Outerbanks.

They cuddled in the car for the first half since it was still morning and they were tired.

Kie sat in the middle and leaned on JJ as he held her in his arms, covered up with a blanket.

They drove for 10 hours straight, occasionally stopping at gas stations.

They were almost home and stopped at one more gas station before the final stretch. Everyone went inside to stretch there legs and use the restroom if they needed.

Kie and her mom went into the bathroom while JJ and Mike stayed back and looked at snacks to buy.

JJ was standing next to Mike when he turned his head and saw rafe standing in the check out line. JJ instantly turned back to Mike like he was looking at him for help.

"Mike what is he doing here" he said quietly, trying not to get mad. This was the first time he had seen rafe since he put his hands on Kie. He was scared that he was going to do something and Kie would get mad at him.

"What?" Mike said, looking behind JJ to try to see who it was. He saw rafe and then it all made sense.

JJ stayed looking at mike, his back turned away from rafe so that he wouldn't have see him and risk getting angry.

Mike got concerned at seeing JJ start to get mad.

"Alright- just.." mike said, not knowing what to do.

"I swear to god if he says something-" JJ says, looking back at rafe

"Hey- calm down" mike said, trying to get his focus off of rafe. "Look at me"

JJ kept starring at him

"JJ look at me. Go stand back there" he said gesturing to the freezers in the back.

"No?" JJ said like he obviously wasn't going to do that, and looked back behind him.

"I'll go wait by the bathroom for Kiara and Anna, okay you just need to calm down and not do anything stupid" mike said, pointing at the back of the store.

JJ thought for a minute and then slowly made his way to the back, watching rafe from over the isles as he kept walking around to get a better look.

Mike went to the bathrooms to wait for them as JJ kept starring.