Jiara pt 17

JJ went back to the chateau screaming at himself internally. He kept thinking about the way she looked at him when he left. He knew this was going to hurt him. But it was what's best for her.

He walks inside the chateau where pope, John b, and Sarah were all sitting around on the couch.

"Where were you last night j-dog?" John b asks

"Stayed at my house" he says dully

"Oh, well we're about to go on the boat, check out the dock by the gas station apparently some idiot on a jet ski ran into the side of it. You comin?" John b asks

"Uhhh" JJ hesitates knowing that if he says no, they would know something was wrong "yea sure sounds fun" he says while opening the fridge to look for food.

"Alright cool" John b says while standing up and heading to the door. Pope follows.

Sarah stood up slowly looking at JJ with concern. He looks over at her wondering why she wasn't leaving too.

"JJ did something happen?" Sarah asks

"No..?" he acts confused

"Wheres Kie?" She asks

"At home. And doesn't matter, I called things off with her anyways." He says trying to act like it didn't bother him

"What?!? Why?!?" Sarah asks shocked

"Wait what?!?!" John b stops in his tracks and turns around.

"Just wasn't working" he shrugs

"No wait what, what did she do?" John b asks

"Nothing it's just better we stay friends, yk for everyone" JJ says casually

"Is she okay?" Pope asks

"Yea I mean it's not like we were even together anyways so" he says "she shouldn't care"

"Hmm" John b says suspiciously. "Interesting"

"Not really" JJ says

"But y'all aren't like fighting or anything right?" Pope asks "like is it gonna be weird?"

"No, like I said, we were never even together. Just messin around" he shrugs it off and goes back to the fridge

"Alright" john b says suspiciously while rubbing his head. Him and pope walk out but Sarah stays. It was just them two.

"JJ..?" Sarah asks

JJ was looking inside the fridge to hide his face.

He pauses for a minute.

"Sarah I fucked up." He says as he closed the fridge door and leaned on the island counter and buried his head in his hands.

"Yea I thought so." Sarah says as she makes her way to the counter to comfort him, she knew something didn't seem right about the way he was explaining it before.

"JJ what happened? Why did you call things off with her?"

"I really don't know." He says regretfully "he just-" he sighs

"Who's he?" She asks

"Her dad bro I-" he rubs his face with his hands "he just said some things the other day and like- like he's right and I dunno"

"What did he say?"

"A lot. But basically that I'm hurting her.. and ruining her future, and that if I really loved her.. I would leave her alone." He zones out "I don't want to hurt her...so"

"Oh JJ...your not bad for her come on you know that." Sarah says trying to comfort him

"I'm not good for her that for sure" he disagrees "I mean honestly what can I give her? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I probably just stress her out anyways I mean-"

"JJ stop" she cuts in "you know Kie loves you"

"It's best if I just leave her alone." JJ argues "i mean it's fine we'll just go back to the way things were before."

"You really think it'll be that easy JJ?" Sarah says with skepticism, knowing that it won't be.

"I Hope so." He says, also knowing that It probably won't be.

Eventually they all make it out to the HMS and ride to the jet ski crash.

When they get there, there's a small crowd of people trying to get a better look. They tie off the boat and hop onto the dock. They get a look at the damage and then walk inside the gas station to buy food.

While In the gas station a tourist girl there age keeps making eyes at JJ. Everyone but him seems to notice.

While standing in line the girl walks up to him to introduce herself.

"Hey" she says in a valley girl accent while twirling her bleach blond hair. "Are you from here"

"Hm?" JJ says looking up at her after zoning out at the floor

"I'm Rosetta, are you from here?" She says, smacking on her gum.

"Uhh.. yea" He says unbothered

"Oh that's cool. I'm here on vacation with my friends" she says

"Cool" JJ responds, again unbothered

"We'll maybe you could show us around sometime" she says eagerly "what's your name?"

"Uhh JJ" he responds  "but yk im, I'm busy so probably not actually"

"Oh.. well.. see you around ig" she says disappointed and walks out the door

"Right" he says while she leaveS

Meanwhile the pouges are standing behind him, cringing at that interaction

JJ looks behind him and sees them all making a face

"What?" He asks casually

"L rizz" pope jokes

They start to laugh but JJ just looks forward. He really didn't care. He didn't even find her attractive. He doesn't want anyone else.

The rest of the pouges just make suspicious eyes at each other. They knew he was being weird.

They get back in the boat and head to the chateau

{thank you sm everyone who reads!! Please lmk if you have any suggestions or comments!! I love reading them!! Hope you enjoy<3}