Jiara pt 29

"Hey jayj" Kie said, walking up to JJ and hugging him

"Heyy" JJ said, wrapping his arm around her and kissing the top of her head.

It was now the next day at school and all the pogues had met up in the court yard before class.

"You knowww, my family's actually having a reunion party tonight at my house" Kie says in an innocent voice

"Oh really" JJ says, casually

"Mhmmm" Kie says, sounding persuasive "I think you should come"

"A reunion party.." JJ says, skeptical "like a family reunion?"

"Yes, like a family reunion" Kie laugh

"So, your whole family's gonna be there" JJ asks nervously "like everyone"

"Yesss" she laughs "I want them to meet you"

"And how does Mike feel about me going" he asks, unsure

"I asked him this morning and he said 'as long as he's on his BeSt bEhaViour" she quotes, mocking his voice "I want you to go"

JJ laughs and stops walking, facing her and looking down"

"Then I'm there" he smiles

"Yayyy" she says with a cute smile "there gonna love you, don't worry"

"Mm hopefully" he laughs and they continue walking to class.

The whole rest of the day he was kind of nervous knowing he'd be meeting Kies entire family after school. Even more, he was surprised that Mike was okay with him going.

"The party starts at 5:00, you'll be there, right" Kie asks as they walk to the parking lot after school had let out.

"Of course I will" JJ reassures as he gets his dirt bike ready "I'm just gonna run home and change real quick, and then I'll be there.. on my best behavior"

"Okay" Kie smiles and hugs him "I can't wait"

"Alright, love you Kie" he says kissing her on the head "I'll text you when I'm on my way"

"Okay, bye, I love you" she says as he gets on his bike and starts it up. He leans over and kisses her, revving his motor before he leaves.

Kie laughs and walks back to her car.

JJ drives home to get ready for the party. He knew he had to dress to impress so he spent almost 30 minutes just trying to find something to wear.

He ended up with a black button up, collard shirt and some jeans. He went to the bathroom, throwing on a chain and spraying cologne. He tried doing his hair, but didn't know how, so just fixed it the best he could, trying to make it less messy. He put sun glasses in his shirt pocket and went out to the back porch to tell his dad where he was going.

"Shit where you goin dressed like some kook?" His dad laughed

"I'm going to Kies, some party thing" JJ says

"Have a beer before you leave" his dad suggests

"Uhm, actually dad im kinda meeting her whole family today so, you know im not too sure if that's the best idea" JJ says nervously

"One ain't gonna hurt you boy" Luke says, almost sounding offended "don't kook out on me now"

"Alright alright" JJ says, convinced "but just one"

"There we go" Luke says, grabbing him one as JJ sat down.

"Kiara your grandmothers at the door will you get it for me honey" Anna says while setting out snacks at the bar