Jiara pt 83

The photo albums were on the coffee table. Kie sat next to him on the couch, a blanket covering both of them.

"Thanks dad" kie smiled and looked up at her father who had just set them there.

"Of course" Mike smiled back. "We're going to bed, but y'all should be able to find some pictures in one of those. Let me know if you need anything"

Mike went back to his room. JJ and kie stayed put on the couch, and neither of them did anything.

After a brief moment of hesitation, Kie reached and grabbed one of the photo albums from the table and handed it to JJ.

He looked at it for a minute, hesitating to open it.

"You got it" he said, handing it back to Kie.

"You okay?" She asked. She knew how he got whenever he was nervous or anxious about something. His whole demeanor would change. He'd get quiet and dazed and would fidget with anything he could find.

JJ nodded and she slowly opened the hard cover to the first page.

"What does your mom look like again?" Kie asked, realizing that there were a lot of different people in these pictures.

"Uhm.." JJ thought "blonde?"

They looked through all the pictures, JJ occasionally making fun of the way Mike used to look.

They came across a picture of a group of teens, sitting at the beach. It was Mike, Anna, Luke, and two other people that they had never seen before.

Sitting next to Anna, JJ pointed out a beautiful blonde girl with her hair in two braids. She looked around three years younger than the rest.

JJ took the picture out of the casing and held it closer to get a better look.

"You think that's her?" Kie asked, leaning over his shoulder.

A small, half smile, grew on his face and he nodded.

"She's really pretty" Kie smiled

"Yeah" he said, admiring the picture "kinda sucks that she died, huh"

Kie made a face at first, but then realized that it was JJ, and honestly she shouldn't be so surprised. She was used to his dark jokes he used to cope with his pain.

"Yeah" she said in a high pitch voice "kinda sucks"

He chuckled a little at her concerned tone.

He put the picture back in the album and they continued looking.

"Ohh my god, your dads smoking weed" JJ laughed, pointing out a picture.

"What?!" Kie exclaimed, looking at a picture of Mike standing next to a motorcycle with a blunt in his mouth.

"You think he'd smoke with me?" JJ joked

"Oh yeah you should totally ask him" Kie said, sarcastically.

"I can't believe he used to be cool" JJ teased "what happened"

Kie laughed

"Oh my god is that gonna happen to me one day?" JJ said, dramatically. He loved making her laugh "am I gonna start wearing khakis??"

Kie couldn't control her laughing at this point.

"You ever see me in a sweater vest, I mean it, kill me" he said, flipping the page.

"Ohh JJ" kie sighed happily and rested her head on his shoulder. "I think you'd look cute in a sweater vest" she teased

They looked at old pictures for another 10 minutes or so before coming across another one of his mother.

She was standing in front of a car, with a two-year old JJ in her hands.

"Is that youuu?" Kie asked, overwhelmed at how cute he was.

JJ smiled and took the picture out of the case to get a better look again.

He starred at it for a moment

"Im keeping that" he said after a while. He set the picture of the coffee table. "I'll get him a copy"

Kie nodded.

A few minutes later they came across another one.

"That was the funeral" JJ said, pointing at a picture. Everyone was dressed in black suits and dresses. "I remember that tree right there" he squinted his eyes and pointed

"You remember that?" Kie asked, surprised since he was really young at the time.

"Yeah, I remember I tried to climb it after the ceremony" he said "I ended up falling and ripping a whole in my shirt. It pissed my dad off so much"

"Yeah?" Kie examined the photo

"I think- yeah I think that was the first time.." JJ paused "I think that's when.. like, it started"

Kie looked at him but his eyes were glued to the picture.

"It was pretty much down hill after that" JJ admitted "but hey, We're all fine now." JJ shrugged, trying to bring the mood back up and not bum her out.

"JJ when's the last time you visited your mothers grave?" Kie asked, taking his hand.

".. the funeral" JJ said

"Wait- really?" She asked

"I mean.. yeah" JJ shrugged "I don't.. really know her"

"Well.. do you want to visit her grave?" Kie asked

"I dunno" JJ thought "I don't really know what I would do.. or say.. or whatever you're supposed to do at your dead moms grave"

"We could just.. get her some flowers" Kie suggested

He looked at her and smiled

"Yeah.. maybe" he said and they went back to looking at pictures.

{sorry it's been a while. I don't feel super great and also had to do forth of july shtuff. Anyways!! It's kinda just fluff but I wanted to update so. Yeah. Okay lemme know if y'all have any suggestions!! LOVE YOU ALL!! Byeeeeeee}