Chapter 1

"I'm just worried for you and I don't want you to be alone. You should be with family."

"I'm fine Pep, look I gotta go but I love you, miss you. Give Morgan a kiss and hug for me. I'll see you both soon."

"But Ja-"

With that, I hung up and shut my phone off.

I looked down the building and watched as they started rushing to the back.
I sat back watching like a movie until I heard the alarm be set off.

"That's my cue."

I jumped down and made my way down the alleyway.

I waited by the busted open door until they came rushing back out.

A big bald guy came rushing out with three other guys who were heavily tattooed holding bags full of money and jewelry I presumed.

"Hey! Who the hell are you?"

I smiled at them waving with my hand neatly before punching him across the face.

They dropped their things and tried to shoot me before I dodged the shots and kicked the first guy's legs dropping him to his knees. I quickly kicked one of the guy's guns out of his hands and punched him across the face. I attached a tech vest to his body quickly and used him as a shield to block the bullets the others try firing at me.

As soon as they run out of ammo I head butt the guy and knock him out throwing him to the other guy on the floor knocking them both down completely.

Damn. That hurt.

I rush to one of the guys and jump wrapping my legs around his neck as I start to punch him repeatedly. He starts bleeding until eventually, I jump off kicking and knocking him down until he stays down. The last guy just looks at me like I'm crazy and tries to run off.

"Really?" I sigh.

I grab one of my knives and throw it and it gets caught on his pants, stopping him long enough for him to look down as I'm approaching and with that, I shock him with my taser until he collapses.

"Well..that was easy."

I hear sirens in the distance and I climb up the dumpster and make my way up the roof running off before they see me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell chimes as I walk in.

"Why the hell do you have a bell chime in here like this is a fucking take-out restaurant?"

"He- And where the hell have you been?"

"Around," I say sitting down across from him.

"Ah yeah? And what's that?" He says pointing to my forehead.

I run my finger across the area and noticed I'm bleeding a bit.

"I fell," I say shrugging it off and wiping the blood off on my pants.

"Jeez, Jane I told you to stop running around doing this crap."

"And I told you to piss off."

He just gave me a sour look.

"Can I have a drink, Carl?" I say with a smile.

"Fine but only because Alex isn't here. Or else he'll probably fire me and you."

"Yeah yeah."

"Why don't you ever go to another bar when you do this shit? You put yourself in a position of getting seen like this," he says serving me a random drink.