Chapter 24

"Tony?!" I call out in the smoked filled place.

I can't see anything but I feel like I'm walking on bodies.

I tell myself not to look down but I do anyway and I'm horrified to see Steve, Sam, Thor, Wanda, Natasha, and many more.

I feel my chest tighten and I start to sob.

"TONY!?"

"Jane?!"

I look up feeling my heart rate quicken as I hear his voice not too far ahead of me.

I still can't see. It's like going into a haunted maze with a lot of smoke. Can't see a thing and I'm afraid to walk any further and find something or someone I don't like.

I do it anyway because I hear Tony.

"Jane?! Help me!"

I walk further and further along for what felt like forever and I watch as the smoke starts clearing up.

As I get closed I see lights in the distance.

I walk closer and the fog starts to disappear completely and what I'm left with makes me gasp in horror.

I see none other than Thanos holding Tony up by the throat but not with his hand. He's using the gauntlet. Its colors light up and he's lifting Tony and all I hear are his grunts of pain.

"No!"

I rush towards him to attack but he quickly grabs me by the throat.

"Jane!" he manages to say while struggling to breathe.

"No Tony!" I manage to say before he squeezes my neck a bit I find it harder to breathe.

I can feel my heart racing. Feel the blood rushing to my face and ears.

"Please...let him go," I beg with a barely audible voice.

He looks straight into my eyes before speaking.

"There's nothing you can do, and now you're going to watch your brother die."

"No!" I try to shout as I thrash and punch him but his grip is too strong.

"Jane!"

I watch as the gauntlet lights up and Tony starts to scream in pain.

"No!"

-

"Tony!"

I sit up in bed looking around confused as to where I am. I feel my body damp and my heart is racing in a rather unhealthy way.

I look around and for a moment I didn't know where I was, feeling frightened.

I turn to look next to me to see Bucky watching me. His face looks crushed and confused. There's no hiding this and I don't have the strength to anymore. I just need him.

I couldn't help break down in that moment.

"Come here," he says pulling into his arms.

His body enveloped me completely. I couldn't hold back as my face pressed into his chest I start to sob.

He holds me tightly and I wrap my arms around him too.

It didn't take the pain of Tony away but it helped. Having him here was all I needed and all I wanted. Eventually, my cries subsided as I started growing tired again.