Chapter 37

He took control of driving now. He just took off and didn't tell me where we were going although as we got closer I could tell where we were and I couldn't stop the smile forming on my face from him remembering our spot.

He parked up the hill we sat long ago.

I got out and shut the door. I didn't hear him follow but I heard music louder from the car and then it changed.

It was an older song. I haven't heard it before but you can tell it's old.

I looked at him curiously.

"What?" He asks walking up to me after closing the door but leaving the window open so the music can travel out.

"What song is this? It's nice."

He smiles and walks up to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him before kissing the top of my head.

"Mr. Blue. By The Fleetwoods," he says practically whispering to me as he gently moves my hair out of my face and draws his eyes all around my face.

I listen to the lyrics and crease my eyebrows.

"Are you feeling blue now Sargent?" I ask curiously with a little sly smile.

He sucks in his breath and after a second, breaks into a wide grin.

"Far from it," he whispers before kissing me.

I breathe in as his lips connect with mine. His hand slowly creeps up to the back of my neck as his metal one grips my waist firmly.

His tongue starts doing wonders in my mouth and I can hear both of us breathing loudly as the kiss begins to grow intense.

His kiss is like breathing in oxygen. It's all the good things in life. It's the great feeling you get from the little things. It's all of them in one. It's this because I can't help but think of everything good in my life including him. It's all of it and I can't get enough.

I pull away and lean my forehead onto his.

I couldn't help but remember the last time I was here. It wasn't the best moment for me. Knowing that I can paint over it with this memory, however, warms my chest.

My eyes are closed and when I open them he's looking right at me intensely.

"Sorry."

I smile at him and shake my head.

I then back away and let go of his hand rushing to the car. I look in the window and I find his phone. I grab it and look through his playlist.

I didn't realize until I looked up at the name of the playlist.

"J"

I furrow my brows and that's when I feel arms wrap around my waist and then a kiss on my shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

"Looking for a song," I say scrolling down and that's when I find a song I haven't heard in forever.

"Oh yes."

I play it and then grab his hand and tug him towards me.

I rush us to the same spot and he realizes I turned the music up a bit and then he smirks at me as it starts playing.

Once he's standing in front of me I place my hands behind his neck and start moving slowly from side to side.
He follows in sync.

For a second.

He then twirls me and I widen my eyes in shock.

He pulls me back into his chest before placing his hand on my waist and dancing with me a bit more fast-paced.