Chapter 30

At a certain point, there was a halt to our conversation and I wondered where Morgan had gone.

Pepper looked out the window by the kitchen and smirked before nudging her head in that direction.

I take a peek out the window to see Morgan laughing and swinging from Bucky's metal arm as he has her suspended high enough to where her legs are hanging and swinging back and forth.

I look further up and my smile just spreads widely as I see an even bigger one plastered on his face as he watches her giggling.

"She seems to like him," Pepper speaks up calmly watching them.

I instantly started worrying that she wouldn't be okay with this. I don't know that Tony would.

"Is this....fine?" I ask cautiously.

She looks at me and sighs.

"She seems to be happy," she says back at me.

Now she is. What about later when she finds out who he is?

No. Stop. I need to stop.

"Yeah," is all I said before I excused myself.

I walked out and as I got close to them Morgan started running towards me.

"Hey," I say chipper with a smile as she wraps around my legs.

I was about to pick her up till Pepper called her over.

She started running over leaving me alone with Bucky.

I looked back as he looked at me with an awkward smile.

"She's not..mad? Right? I mean we talked—but
I don't know how okay she is with me talking to her kid."

"Nah," I say walking up to him with a small smile.

I look back and Pepper and Morgan are nowhere in sight anymore.

They must've gone inside.

"I forgot how beautiful this place is," I hear him say as I turn around to see him looking around looking calm and happy.

Again. Another look I haven't seen in him in a while.

"Yeah...

It goes quiet as we just stand there for a moment looking at each other.

On the outside, I may seem fine but on the inside, I'm struggling to figure out how to start this conversation with him. How do I start? Do I just say it?

I want to be with you.
I love you.

"Jane?"

"Hm?"

I didn't even realize or notice his lips move as he asked me a question.

"Come on," he says with a grin grabbing my hand.

I didn't protest because I was excited to see what would happen next.

He pulled me alone around the house to the back where the infamous boat was docked by the river.

"What?" I say with a chuckle.

He looks back at me with a goofy smirk.

"Would you like to relive history?" He asks all smug with a smile waving his hand toward the old rusty boat by the little dock.

I smile back at him about to say yes when I hear a little voice chirp behind me.

"Can I come, aunt Jane?!"