Chapter 9

I flew to a random field and I had DATE call Sam.

"Hey."

"Hey, where are you?"

"Didn't Bucky come get you?"

I stifle a cry and suck it up before responding.

"Just tell me where you guys are Sam."

He just said he'd send me the address to a street corner and told me to meet them there; to be careful.

I flew there and it took a good twenty minutes to get there but when I did I understood why he told me to be careful.

There were lots of sketchy-looking people around and they all started staring as soon as I arrived. I slipped into an alley and removed the suit.

Before I could walk off I feel someone grab me and put a hand over my mouth.

I kick him in the dick with the heel of my foot and I hear a groan.

"Damn will you relax?" I hear Sam's voice.

"What the hell?"

He was dressed in a rather strange getup. Some silk suit. Very un- Sam of him.

"We couldn't have anyone see you," Zemo says dressed in a ridiculous big fur coat.

I tried my best not to laugh.

"Look here's the plan...you're gonna wear this and be my date," Sam said showing me a very...revealing outfit.

It was a hot pink tight dress with two cuts on the sides exposing my hips.

"Um..no way."

"It's either that or wait outside for us," he says with a stern look.

I turn to Zemo to which he just nods.

"Fine," I say groaning.

I look around the dirty alleyway wondering where the hell I'm going to get dressed.

"What?" Sam asks.

"Well, where am I supposed to change?"

"Just change here..," he says moving over to a gap in the alleyway.

I look back at him in disbelief.

"We won't look."

"Wha-NO!"

"Well you could've changed with us at my place but you decided to have a meltdown and fly away," Zemo says.

I just get up to his face glaring.

"Hey-hey take it easy," Sam says pulling me back.

I snatch the bag with the outfit in it from his hands and make my way around the alley from the other side I came.

I look to my right and see a shop.

I walk in and notice it's like a mini thrift store.

"Thank god," I say to myself.

It's pretty empty and I walk in trying to look natural. I casually look around and make my way to the back to one of the empty dressing rooms.

That was luck. I hardly ever see a dressing room in the thrift stores I go to.

I shut the door and start to pull out the outfit.
It takes me a bit to squeeze into it but when I had it on I started feeling goosebumps from the cold draft hitting my exposed skin.

I look in the bag and grab the heels putting them on. I was about to close the bag when I saw a wig. It was a black-haired wig.

Damn.