Chapter 14

We showed up at the location that Karli and her followers were located at before. We came to see if anyone was familiar with Donya and could tell us where her memorial was being held.

"Shame what's become of this place," Zemo says.

We walked through the building and there were people around just doing their thing.

Kids playing.

"When I was young we used to come here for fabulous dinners and parties. I knew nothing of politics of the time, of course. I remember it being beautiful though."

I bet it was. This place looked incredible, they just needed a fixer up.

"I'm gonna take a look around upstairs. See what you can find out here," Sam tells us. "And keep an eye on him," he says looking at Bucky now before walking off.

"I'll stay out of your way," Zemo says with his hands up.

Bucky and I just look at him as he starts to walk around.

We start walking along though. Looking around and I was trying to separate myself from Bucky just to not seem like I was following him but he followed behind me.

"So...you had a nightmare?" He asks and I instantly take a deep breath to keep myself from telling him to mind his business.

"Yep," I say blandly walking around and looking around.

"Looks like you've been having lots of those," he says.

So he has noticed.

I turn to look at him confused.

"What? I haven't."

He just looks at me softening his face.

"Jane..come on. On the plane the first day and then back at the hotel, and now."

I just ignored him as we got close to a couple of people.

"Donya? You guys know her?" He asks.

They shake their heads.

"No?"

"Thank you," I say with a smile before walking off.

"Look I just-"

"Bucky I'm not having repeated nightmares alright? I'm fine," I said about to walk off before I tell him what I was thinking. "Even if I was..what would you do? Hm? What could you possibly do?"

He hesitated before speaking.

"I could..be there. For you," he says making me chuckle.

"Why? Because I helped you? You feel bad so you wanna repay the favor?" His jaw sharpens and I can tell I hit a soar spot.

I try to walk off but he still follows behind.

"I don't know Jane. Maybe you could try talking to someone? I mean how long have you had these nightmares for?"

I stop in my tracks before turning around to look at him.

"Look, you're going to therapy now. It's helping you and I'm happy for you," I say watching the corner of his lips tug up a bit. "That doesn't mean I need it. Or want it."

"I didn't want it. I don't but I can't act like it's not doing something for me."

"Well, that's great for you. It's not something I need or want, so drop this Buck. Please."

I walk off and for once he doesn't follow me.

I decide to head upstairs with Sam.

I kept walking by, looking at rooms with people sitting down like they're learning stuff. Like some sort of class.