Chapter 12

We got to the dance floor and I was surprised by how many people there actually were.

We just followed Zemo towards the bar and by the looks of it, he was loving this.

I watched from afar as Sharon was talking to some serious-looking people. Probably about an art piece.

Zemo started looking at the fine detail on one of the paintings Sharon had here and I can blame him. It was fascinating to look at. All the individual brush strokes the artists made. You can see them clearly.

"I need a drink," I say just serving myself something I don't even know.

I down my drink and then start heading toward the dance floor.

She said have fun and after everything, I think that's what I need.

I wanted badly to take a thousand drinks and not remember anything about tonight but I know pretty soon we're gonna be on the move and they can't be dealing with me like that.

I get on the dance floor and just start swaying to the music.

It doesn't take long for people to come up and try to dance with me. I just casually move away except for this one girl. She was really pretty. She had red lipstick and olive skin. She was pretty small and had a tight purple dress on. We started dancing close to each other and I was actually having fun.

I was laughing and I look back while dancing and I notice Sam and Bucky staring at me looking amused.

I turn back and just ignore them and when I turn back and continue to dance I notice Zemo on my far left dancing.

I couldn't help but laugh.

He's a psycho but he sure knows how to have fun. More so than Sam and Bucky.

I turn back and Sam isn't back at the bar but Bucky is and he has a drink in his hand now.

He's just smiling back at me.

I look away and continue to dance with this random girl.

She gets pushed away a bit as this guy starts grabbing my waist as we dance.

I try to pull away but he grips his hands onto my waist even harder. I turn and noticed Bucky about to get up and I shake my head towards him.

His brows lower in confusion and I grab the guy's hand and grip it tightly twisting it.

He lets go of my waist with his other hand and starts wincing in pain.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you how to treat women?" I ask and he doesn't answer as I'm crushing his hand.

I punch him across the face with my other hand letting go of his as he falls back a bit completely ignoring me and almost crying in pain.

I walked off since he killed the mood and I walked up to Bucky sitting next to him and grabbing the first drink I saw there.

I didn't look at him as I drank it.

"That was mine," he says nonchalantly like doesn't really care and I can hear the smirk on him.

"I know," I say finishing it and leaving the glass on the counter.

I smile at him and he just shakes his head as his smirk widens to a smile.

"Guess you don't need my help anymore."

"Mm, did I ever really?" I ask with a frown tilting my head facing him.

He raises his eyebrows looking shocked but quickly recovers.

"No. You didn't, but I never mind taking care of you."