Chapter 4

"Jane?"

I watch in disbelief.

His brown hair is shorter now. His tired-looking face. He looks the same but different in some way too.

He should be dead.

My Bucky.

No.

It's not him Jane. Someone's playing a sick game with you.

It can't be him. It's impossible.

He walks up to me slowly but I keep caution.

He scans my face like he's seen a ghost. It should be the other way around but I can't let my cool expression fall and let him see me vulnerable.

Once he gets close enough I quickly grab my knife from his hand and hold it up to his throat.

"Who the hell are you?" I ask him in a low cold tone as quietly as I can.

Who the hell thinks this is funny? Messing with me like this?

I'm trying to think of any type of alien person or thing that would have powers to look like someone else, just something to tell myself this isn't real. Anything.

He looks taken aback as he looks between my knife on his throat and me. Looking completely stunned.

"What are you talking about? It's me," he says like I should believe him. "It's me Bucky."

"I watched Sargent Barnes die five years ago in a building explosion. So who the hell are you?" I ask in a more threatening tone pushing the knife closer to his throat. "What are you like one of those alien people Fury knows? Hm? You some kind of fucking shapeshifter? Or what do you have on one of those face sleeves? Trying to look like someone else?"

"W-What? No. Jane..look at me," he says almost as a plead. "It's me Bucky. I swear," He says looking completely lost trying to convince me.

I stay staring at him debating on whether I should kill him or not until I hear a voice speak up.

"It's true," I hear behind him as I shift Bucky quickly, still holding my knife up to him as I watch Sam walk in.

I can't lie and say I wasn't starting to panic for a bit but whoever is impersonating Bucky must have someone doing Sam too because this can't be possible.

"Bullshit," I spit.

"Jane, what the hell are you doing here? I told you I'd come see you," he says looking confused and mad.

That's when it hit me and I lowered my knife a bit as Bucky grabbed my arm twisting it and me along too, making me drop the knife. I quickly used my other arm and hit him across the face with my elbow before grabbing my knife off the floor.

"Damn you're strong," he says rubbing his face.

"No-No you're not Bucky and you're not Sam. Who the hell are you? Did you do something to Sam is that why you're here? W-What the hell is going on?" I question even louder with my knife held out to them which I didn't mean to but I started to panic.