Chapter 27

I had gone to my room to sleep once Pep came back and we talked for a bit.

I told her I was tired and so was Bucky so she took Morgan to her room and let us get some rest.

I was laying back on my bed thinking about how long I'd be here. I'll need to talk with Bucky about getting a flight back home together.

I closed my eyes and that's when I hear a knock on my door.

I turn to the door and look at Bucky smiling at me.

"Can I come in?"

I simply nod as I watch him step inside leaving the door ajar. He's looking all around the room just like I did.

Like he's re-living the moment too.

He sits on the edge of the bed and I watch him as he releases a big puff of air before tossing himself on the bed and laying right next to me.

I take a deep breath and then release it afterward as we both look up at the ceiling in silence.

The room wasn't like Sam's or Zemo's.

It was more...vacant. This room didn't have much but boy does it pack a lot of memories for us.

It was quiet for a moment until my curiosity got the best of me.

"Have you missed this place?"

He doesn't answer.

"Because I have. Despite how much it hurts being here."

I feel his head turn to look at me.

He knows what I mean. I don't need to say it.

"I thought about coming back here before. Just to visit. That it would be nice...but I didn't want to come without it you."

I stood silent and I knew he was still looking at me.

I turned and he was staring at me. Seeming lost in my eyes now.

"I wish I could say the same," I say almost in a whisper keeping my eyes on him.

His expression doesn't fall. He just scans his eyes all over me and starts inching closer. I feel my heart pick up pace like the treacherous thing always seems to do when he's looking at me like this.

He then draws his eyes to my lips and keeps them there as he turns a bit so we can be better face to face.

He finally leaned in breaking the small space that was left between us and he kissed me slowly and softly.
He brought his hand to my check for leverage and continued this wonderful kiss.

He pulled away and looked down releasing a breath. As if it pained him to kiss me.

"Fuck," he curses lowly.

I look back at him from looking away and he's still looking down.

"I'm sorry-I just don't know how I'm going to be around you these couple of days without kissing you."

I looked at him not sure what to say.

"You've been doing a pretty good job with it up till we visited Sam and his family," I say softly.

He finally looked up to meet my eyes again. Keeping his gaze on them made me swallow in anticipation of what he'll say next.

"That was before you told me you loved me."

It was quiet as I tried to scramble my head to say something.
Anything that was just true.

"I think I should get some rest," I say turning away because I could already feel the tears coming through.