Chapter 31

A/N
This is relatively a short chapter but if you enjoy and want another let me know and I might just post one later today :)

When we arrived I had an Uber ordered and ready outside for us.

Unlike when I went to Peppers I didn't want to burden her with the flight arrangements so I just got a regular plane and it was pretty cheap tickets for a last-minute flight.

Now I had to also waste money on an Uber.

We got in and Bucky was silent. He was somewhat confused as to how random people can just pick you up.

I told him it was just like a taxi and he said it's different and that he didn't think it was smart to get in.

I ushered him along though because I've been in an Uber many times and although...sure it may not be the best form of transportation it's still not the most dangerous way.

I tried so hard to stay awake since I was tired.

It was still pretty early in the day when we arrived. I'm sure if I take a nap when we get to my place it'll be enough to keep me awake and then I can stop by the bar and do what I need to do.

The driver didn't talk to us but he did play music silently. It was classical music so I was clearly fighting a battle here. A battle I was destined to lose. My eyes started fluttering closed after a good ten minutes in the car and it was like a blink and then I was being shaken awake.

"Hm?"

"We're here...I think," Bucky whispers to me.

I sit upright and look out to my apartment complex.
I grab my things as he opens the door.

"Thank you," I say to the driver and he only nods.

We get off and grab our bags before closing the door behind us.

The Uber driver drives off and I start walking inside.

We get to my apartment after climbing a flight of stairs.

I lift the mat and grab the keys I keep under them.

"You keep a spare of keys under your mat?" He asks.

"Yep."

I go and push the keys in and twist the lock opening the door.

"You are giving me more and more reasons to worry for you," he says shaking his head making me chuckle.

Once we get in I feel the empty coldness.

I close the door as soon as he makes it inside and I drop my bag.

"Uh, you can leave your bag here...make yourself at home I'm going to turn the heater on."

He nods and I rush over down to the hallway where the heater is next to my room.

I have a relatively small place so the warm air really makes its way around the apartment.

I hear the low hum of the heater after I set it to 75 degrees.

I walk back to the living room to see the lamp next to my couch on and Bucky looking around curiously.

He turns and sees me and I smile.

"You don't have any pictures or anything..."

I stifle a laugh.

"Yeah," I say back sitting down on my couch now.

"Is it this empty in your room?" He asks innocently.

I simply nod.

He makes his way next to me on the couch.