Epilogue

[ Previously - in Grace Field ]

"Got it, thanks!" Ray eagerly pressed forward, dashing towards the elusive Glory Bell. Meanwhile, Margarett, having furnished him with directions, retraced her steps back to headquarters. Inside this hub of activity, where Sisters and Breeders underwent rigorous training, the pulse of the operation was sustained by diligent farm employees and support staff, ensuring order and smooth transactions.

Nestled beneath the bustling surface was a detention or isolation facility, an underground realm where those failing in their duties found themselves confined. To date, only Isabella and one other woman had been consigned to this subterranean abyss.

She intended to liberate the woman who had languished in captivity since her tenure as Glory Bell's Breeder commenced. Navigating a labyrinth of passages and elevators, Margarett finally reached the isolation facility, armed with the key to the detainee's cell.

Approaching the cell, she found the woman seated on her bed, fingers tapping rhythmically, "It's been quite a while, Madame," the woman acknowledged.

With an icy countenance, she turned to meet Margarett's gaze. "Indeed, it has."

Empathy welled up in Margarett as she pondered the torment endured by the woman over nearly a decade, "How have you been holding up?" Margarett inquired.

"Just say it," the woman replied, locking eyes with Margarett, "Don't waste your time here."

Margarett, despite feeling a twinge of discomfort, cast it aside, "A new queen has ascended, Madame. Humans will no longer serve as demon sustenance. Freedom is finally within our hands."

The woman's response was cold and dismissive, "And what does that mean for me?"

Margarett, now irritated, narrowed her eyes, "Children from Grace Field took down the previous queen. Without their intervention, the status quo would persist. The new queen abstains from consuming humans."

"I expected some information worth my while, not idle chatter."

"Your eldest daughter was the one who killed the previous Queen, Madame."

Rose, taken aback, processed the revelation, "What...?"

"I spoke with the Queen's subordinate from Grace Field."

"Where is my wretched girl? How did she escape?" Rose yearned for answers but held back, feeling she had forfeited the right to inquire about the children she had abandoned.

"I met your daughter at Glory Bell." Margarett disclosed, "but she couldn't recognize me. Despite that, she sought you out. Knowing you, I've chosen not to disclose your whereabouts to her. We're crossing over to the Human World soon, so you might as prepare yourself."

With that, Margarett unlocked the cell and left Rose behind, pondering the weight of her maternal shortcomings.

"What a terrible mother you are, Madame Rose."

End of Book II