48 : 𝘙𝘪𝘴𝘬

Plans for the Seven Walls have been made known to the group, causing shock and concern amongst them. As they gathered in their usual meeting spot, Ninelie made an announcement that left everyone gaping in disbelief.   

   "Everyone, kindly listen up! I have an important announcement to make," The kids turned their attention to Ninelie, who stood in the center of the room with a determined look on her face. She took a deep breath before continuing, "I'm headed off to the Seven Walls." 

Her words elicited a flurry of reactions from the group, with some questioning her decision and others expressing their worries and doubts.

   "EHH?!"

   "Wait a minute!"

   "What do you mean?!"

   "Even though Norman said that he would wipe out all of the demons!" Nat exclaimed, his eyes widening in surprise.

Ray sighed and stuffed his hands into his pockets, "He did say that, but there is clearly someone who thinks otherwise."

Emma stepped forward, her eyes flashing with determination, "I haven't agreed to anything yet!" she declared, standing in front of Ninelie.

   "And I'm going alone one way or another," Ninelie retorted, sending Emma into a tailspin.

   "But Nina-"

   "Don't worry, Emma," Ray reassured her, stepping forward with a rifle in hand, "She won't be going alone."

Emma turned to Ray with a mixture of shock and confusion"Wait, what? Ray, you're going with her?" 

Ray nodded without hesitation, "Yeah."

   "WHAT?!" Emma couldn't believe what she was hearing, "You're letting him come with you but I can't?" She squinted her eyes, suddenly feeling a little dizzy after yelling her throat out. 

   "Hold on, this is news to me," Ninelie raised an eyebrow, looking at Ray with a questioning gaze, "Who said you were coming along with me?"

   "I did, like two minutes ago."

   "You can't just decide that!"

   "That's my line." Ray countered.

   "No one knows what's in store for us, and it could be dangerous."

   "Assume that's the case," Ray met her gaze confidently, "Do you think you'll be able to get through this alone if you're in a dangerous situation?"

   "Are you doubting me?" Ninelie asked, giving him a sidelong glance.

   "Guys..."

Both Ninelie and Ray turned their attention to Emma, who spoke with a trembling voice, "I don't feel so good...'