33/1 : 𝘚𝘰𝘯𝘫𝘶, 𝘔𝘶𝘫𝘪𝘬𝘢

   "Sonju!" Mujika's voice resonated through the still forest, her palm striking Sonju's back with a resounding thud, a palpable undertone of concern and urgency coloring her words. "You're going to kill her!"

Ninelie clung to Sonju's arm with a tenacity born of desperation, her neck growing increasingly numb beneath his unyielding grasp. Struggling to breathe, she implored with a strained voice, "I said let go of me!" Her leg shot out with the speed of a striking snake, connecting with Sonju's ribs, eliciting a wince of discomfort.

   "Sonju!!" Mujika clung to his coat, her fingers clawing at the fabric as she tried to pull him back from the brink.

Exhaling with a weary sigh, Sonju relented to her persistent tugging. "Alright, alright. Stop pulling me, Mujika."

Slowly, he released his vice-like grip on Ninelie's neck, allowing her to slump to the forest floor. She landed on her back, her face contorted in anger, coughing and gasping for air. Her hand instinctively reached for her neck, her chest heaving from the exertion.

With a trembling hand, Ninelie raised a gun and pointed it at Sonju.

   "I wondered why this forest was so quiet," Ninelie stated, her gaze flickering to the lifeless animals lying behind the two demons, "Back off, or I'll shoot."

   "Then do it," Sonju stepped forward and flashed a daring grin, "Shoot."

Mujika, exasperated with Sonju's provocations, smacked his arm, frustration evident in her voice as she addressed Ninelie. "Stop provoking her! Please lower your weapon. We're not going to hurt you. We–"

   "Nay, just look at her. She looks like she's ready to kill us anytime," Sonju interjected, his gaze fixed on the girl, her glare as sharp as a honed blade.

Ninelie's harrowing confrontation had left her feeling utterly overwhelmed, her once-firm grip on the gun steadily weakening. The relentless waves of exhaustion crashed over her like a merciless tide, threatening to bring her to her knees, causing her to teeter precariously. Her vision blurred, and the deafening ringing in her ears reached a crescendo. Ultimately, her strength gave out, and she tumbled toward the unforgiving ground.