52 : 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘖𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳?

With her gaze fixed on the demon king's undomesticated form, which had been hidden for almost two years, Ninelie stood in awe before his intimidating figure. She froze, unsure of how to deal with this new information, and the revelation rendered her speechless. Curious about the role of the enigmatic amulet in this revelation, she chose to hold off on asking any questions, for the time being.

   "Why do you look so surprised?" The demon king, arms crossed, interrupted her thoughts, fixing his gaze on the perplexed girl.

Ninelie shot him a stern look, "Where's Ray?"

   "Oh, don't fret about your lover boy. I just returned him to his family." He lowered his head, "That boy wasn't able to make it here. He only had a little bit to go, too. He's still being confined. But the walls are his own mind. He could understand things with his head – but he wasn't able to go beyond that."

   "Let us put these minor concerns aside and start getting into business," the demon king levitated in the air, legs crossed, "What is it that you desire?"

   "...I want to reforge the Promise," Ninelie replied.

As she awaited his response, a palpable silence lingered. The atmosphere grew heavy with each passing moment. She cast her gaze downward, anticipating his response.

   "Okay," He said.

Ninelie looked up, stunned, "What?"

   "Alright, so what do you seek?"

   "Wait, just like that?" 

   "No. You must give me a reward," He said.

Her heart raced at his words.

   "...What kind of reward?" She asked.

   "The reward, hmm  it would have to be something important," He began, "Their ambition, their desirewhat they long for. What I would want is something that is important to the other party. Will you make a wish despite that? What do you wish for?"

The girl pondered his words, suspicion tugging at the corners of her mind. It felt as though she had overlooked a crucial detail, and now she scrambled to piece it together.