25 : 𝘚𝘮𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘍𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

   "Everything is going splendidly," Peter cheered, his face illuminated by a mischievous grin. "You could've assumed that those two were related."

   "Both have immeasurable intelligence." Smee meticulously pored over a stack of reports on his clipboard, his wrinkled brow furrowed in concentration, "We got lucky."

Marcellus, the eccentric scientist responsible for this remarkable creation, stood behind them with an air of self-satisfaction. His lab coat was splattered with all manner of colorful substances, evidence of his relentless experiments. "And you wouldn't believe me," he mused with a twinkle in his eyes, "I was the one who polished them into ideal human beings."

Peter turned around to face his cousin, his eyes gleaming with approval. "Well done, Marc," he praised, his voice tinged with genuine appreciation. "I'll reward you for this. Is there anything you want?"

Marcellus raised his head to the ceiling, his laughter echoing through the chamber. "Oh, please," he scoffed, his dottiness unmasked. "All I ever want is to keep on experimenting on them."

Smee hesitated for a moment before speaking up, "If you end up overdoing it, they might die–"  

   "So be it. One of them can go," But then, as a sinister smile curled on his lips, he added with an unsettling possessiveness;

   "But, I'm keeping the girl."

❛ ━━・❪ 𝒂𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒏 ❫ ・━━ ❜