53/2 : 𝘌𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘌𝘹𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦

Around the corner, they sprinted, their footsteps echoing through the dimly lit corridor as they approached the massive door leading to the palace's main hall. Ninelie, quick on her feet, surged forward and forcefully swung open the doors, causing them to slam against the wall with a resounding thud.

   "What the hell..." Ninelie's eyes widened in shock at the gruesome scene before her – the lifeless, bloodied bodies of demons strewn across the floor. Vincent and Cislo were tending to the wounded Barbara, while Zazie stood nearby, not far from Norman. Ray and Emma, overcome with disbelief, cautiously moved closer to survey the tragic aftermath.

   "...Norman?" Emma uttered in distress.

Norman turned to them, his expression indifferent. "It's too late now," he stated, rising to his feet, "I am happy to see that you all managed to return here safely. I'm sorry, but you didn't quite make it in time."

Ninelie scanned the carnage, searching for the Queen amidst the chaos of blood and gore. 

Ray spoke with a heavy heart, "All of these..."

   "We killed them," Norman declared, "We made them kill one another. They're all dead. The Queen, the nobility, the Giran Clan – all of them."

Emma stepped forward, desperation in her voice, "Norman! They have remade the Promise! Everybody can escape to the human world together! There's no need for more violence. Right? We can still – "

   "Not anymore. It's over now, Emma." Norman sighed, "We've destroyed their leadership – the monarchy system upon which they depended for thousands of years. Now there's no power in this world able to control them," He glanced to the demon behind him, "The last of the nobles was Ivelk... I myself killed the demon. We've produced a crack in the structure of society, a crack that will break the dam. What follows now is total implosion, and soon all demons will die. Extermination is simply the next step. There's no way to go back from this."

Norman locked eyes with Emma, bitterness in his gaze, "It's inevitable, Emma. Don't get in the way."

   "Good job," Ninelie drawled as she approached Norman slowly. Meanwhile, Vincent, Cislo, Barbara, and Zazie exchanged confused looks in hushed tones.

   "...You're not angry?" Norman hesitated, almost reluctant to ask.

   "No," she said, shaking her head, "Why would I be?" You've accomplished something truly remarkable."

   "...That's right. I did. I'm..." He paused, "I'm going rebuild this Demon World and make it inhabitable for us."

   "What?" Emma's brow furrowed in confusion.