17 : 𝘔𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘢

In the heart of the treacherous Goldy Pond hunting ground, Emma had just executed a daring rescue mission, swooping in at the last moment to save two innocent children from the clutches of impending doom. But the twisted nature of this nightmarish place had revealed itself once more, as one of those very children fell victim to the ruthless demons that hunted them, leaving Emma in a state of despair. The hunt had momentarily ceased, but Emma grappled with the harsh reality of children losing their lives in this gruesome arena.

Emma sat on a decrepit set of stairs, her face buried in her knees, drowning in a sea of sorrow. It was in this moment of despair that a fellow survivor, a young girl, approached her, breaking the silence with a gentle voice.

   "Are you sad?" the girl inquired, her tone surprisingly calm given the horrors of their surroundings. "This is just how it is here, you know. Every time, someone has to die. You couldn't save Jake or Monica, but in exchange, you managed to save one life, right? Then you've done well," she consoled, placing a comforting hand on Emma's shoulder. "Sometimes, there are situations where there's nothing you can do, no matter how hard you try."

Emma's thoughts were a turbulent whirlpool, and she couldn't help but recall the ominous message relayed to her by Theo, delivered by a demon sporting a peculiar hat.

["My name is Leuvis. Do not just run away all the time. Join the hunt — and come at me."]

With this message in mind and after careful consideration of her surroundings, Emma began to piece together a sinister puzzle.

   'Weapons seem to be allowed. They didn't even take my gun. A secret playground. Meaning that, to these poachers, human resistance is just another game  a game? For the sake of a game, two people are dead. For the sake of a game, Theo is all alone...'

   "...ey. Hey!" A sudden jolt snapped Emma out of her contemplation as the girl smacked her head, bringing her back to reality, "Ow!"

   "Listen to me!"

   "Get up," the girl demanded, a sense of urgency in her voice. "I've been trying to get your attention all morning. Now it's your turn to follow me. There's someone I want you to meet." With that, she led Emma towards a foreboding windmill house, the moon casting eerie shadows on the cloudless night.