44 : 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥

In the tranquil embrace of sleep, Ray lay sprawled on the couch, cocooned by the warmth of his dreams. The room exuded an air of serenity as Ninelie, with delicate tenderness, pulled a soft blanket over his shoulder. Their profound conversation, spanning an hour and a half, had led Ray to succumb to the gentle lull of exhaustion, finding solace in the embrace of the couch.

Before his eyes surrendered to the realm of dreams, Ray's attempts to engage in further dialogue were thwarted by the relentless grip of weariness. "Thank you, Ray. Sleep well," Ninelie whispered softly, her gentle touch patting his head before she quietly departed the room. Upstairs, in Norman's study, a realm of anticipation awaited her arrival.

A subtle knock heralded Ninelie's entrance into the study, where Norman, seated regally behind his desk, greeted her with a morning salutation. "Good morning, Nina," he acknowledged, his gaze lifting from the documents before him.

Responding 'kindly, Ninelie exchanged pleasantries with Norman, the vague tension between them evident. "Did you and Ray finally catch up with each other?" he inquired, his pen tracing lines on the paper.

   "More or less," Ninelie affirmed with a nod, recounting the shared tales of experiences and accomplishments with Ray.

Not long after, Vincent entered through the open door. "Good morning, Boss," the tall boy said with a broad smile, "I checked on Chris and Dominic's conditions, and they've stabilized very well."

   "That's great to hear," Norman said, nodding. "You have my thanks, Vincent."

As Vincent reported on the well-being of their comrades, Ninelie discreetly observed Norman's apparent concern, masking her skepticism. Vincent's news of stability garnered gratitude from Norman, though Ninelie's thoughts betrayed her true sentiments.