41 : 𝘉𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

Clementine's desperate gaze locked onto the older woman who cradled her one-year-old brother, Clive, in her arms. "Where are you taking my brother?" she implored, her voice tinged with concern.

The woman, a picture of maternal authority, responded calmly, "To the hospital. He needs to have a check-up, you see." The weight of Clive in her arms seemed to amplify the urgency in her words.

The little boy, sensing the separation from his sister, unleashed a chorus of cries, his tiny body writhing and his arms flailing in the air. Clementine, helpless, watched him struggle, feeling Isabella, a woman accompanying the older figure, tighten her grip on her trembling arm.

   "Can I please stay with him? He tends to cry so often, so-"

   "I'm afraid I won't be able to do that, little girl. But don't worry, we'll return him once he's finished with his appointment," the woman assured, turning to walk into the ominous darkness at the other end of the tunnel.

Clementine clutched her pristine white skirt, her heart heavy with worry. "My brother..."

Isabella, a comforting presence, bent down to Clementine's eye level and gently patted her on the head. "It's alright, dear. You'll be happier with us. Your new family is waiting for you."

   "No!" The girl exclaimed.

   "My mother didn't do anything wrong!" Clementine cried out. "She didn't do anything wrong! She was crying, too!"

Isabella, with a mix of sternness and warmth, reached for the back of Clementine's head, drawing her into a protective embrace. "From now on, I will be your mother,

Isabella reached for the back of the girl's head and drew her into a warm embrace, "From now on,"