Chapter 25: Hiccup

I cried as Alvin tried to beat the information out of me. He'd been doing this all day now. I could barely keep my eyes open. He finally left me alone for the first time today. I knew I couldn't take too much more of this!

Alvin had finally left me alone. Everything hurt. I finally let my eyelids close. My ears where ringing and there was a taste of blood in my mouth. Alvin had taunted me, insulted me, bribed me and just plain out tempted me to make me help him. When nothing worked, he decided he didn't need a flight suit as bad as he thought he did. The worst pain I felt was in my left shoulder. The knife had left a deep gash there. It was almost umbarible. Dark spots clouded my vision, before fully engulfing it.

~

I had a dream. Well, it wasn't exactly a dream. More like amemory. A nightmarish memory. I was about six. I was crying hard. That's when the villagers had started to make fun of me because I wasn't as strong as they were, or big. I was in the middle of the dragon infested woods. I was terrified of the dragons that raided our village. My dad had told me it was a dragon thathad taken my mother from me, so I was scared that they might try and take me away too.

But it wasn't dragons this time that chilled my bones. It was a man. A tall, dark, muscular man. His face was scared and he held a deadly looking ax in his hands. "Hello, ye little runt," he growled at me.

I backed away from the man, wiping the snot from my nose and the tears from my eyes.

"Don't worry, kid," the man said, cheeking the sharpness on his ax by brushing his finger over the edge. "This won't hurt, much."

The younger me screamed and ran, but what kind of six year old can outrun a full grown, viking man? He grabbed me by my hair and pulled me back. I kicked out and clawed the man's hand with my small one. It was no use. He simply laughed at me. "No one to save you now, eh?"

I wanted to wake up from this nightmare, but I couldn't. I don'teven remember this happening! Did it happen? Was I just making this all up in my head.

The man lifted me up to face him. I cried because of the pain. "You're the little runt of a boy, eh? Stoick must be so ashamed."

I kicked out at him. My short legs didn't reach him. He laughed again. "How cute. Alright, let's get the messy part over with."

He raised his ax. I was trembling with fear. "See you in Vallhalla, ye little hiccup." The the ax swung down at me.

~

I woke up, my heart thumping rapidly inside my chest. I jumed when a face of someone suddenly appeared in from of me. My head hit the post behind me, hard. I let out a groan.

"Oh, so you are alive!" The voice of a girl said cheerfully. "I was pretty sure you were dead, but I've been wrong before. My, you do look awful. What'd that overwight smelly old warlock do to you anyway?"

She talked fast, making my head spin and pound. "W-who are y-you?"

The girl smiled and stuck out her hand. "I'm Camicazi." When she relised that my hands where bound, she shrugged and put her hand down. "I'm the heir of the Bog Burglurs. Who are you?"

"H-hiccup. Cheif...of the trible...of the Hariy H-hooligans."

"Ah, chief," Camicazi said. "You do seem a bit young, but you must be pretty new then. My own mother said that she ought to retire soon and then I'll be chief, right? I think I'm ready. I mean, I've already escaped six outcast camps, three murderous caves and that one time the Roman's gallows. But, enough about me. I think its about time I busted you out, eh?"

I shrugged. "Why'd you wanna...help me?"

"Oh, please," Camicazi said, taking out a strange looking object from her bag. "You're from the Hariy Holligans on Berk. Berk's peacful, or at least, most of the time. Besides, Berk could be a valuble ally, eh?"

She worked at the chains a little and they finally came free. She smiled and stuck the stranged object in the keyhole. She wiggled it around a little and the shackles came undone. Desite the pain, I smiled. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it," Camicazi said. She lent me a hand to help me stand up. I took it and she had a lot more strenth then she looks like she'd have. I got up, just to fall back down. Camicazi caught me and practically dragged me to the well. "Hmm..." she cautiously touched my shoulder wound. I gritted my teeth to stop from yelling. She must have noticed my tension, because she took her hand away. "Sorry."

Camicazi drew up some water from the well and took a peice of cloth off the bottom of her shirt. She dipped it in the water and lightly touched the wound with it. I jumped at it stung my skin. "You must have something Alvin really wants," Camicazi said.

"Secrets," I said through gritted teeth.

She nodded. "Of course. I've felt his wrath before too. The first time when I was seven. I don't really remember it all that well. Hm, aw well. At least I'm alive now, eh?" She spread the bloody cloth over my wound and tied to to make a makeshift bandage. "Ok, that'll hold just long enough for us to go you fixed up."

"Fixed up? Us?"

"Yeah," Camicazi said. "I've got a boat waiting and I'm gonna get you back to the bog burglurs. My mum will know how to heal those wounds. Then you'll be good as new!"

"But first we have to get my-"

"Just a moment," Camicazi said. She grabbed a cup and filled it up with water. "You need this. You're voice is all scratchy. Can't have you dying from dehydration now, can we?"

I drank the water and set the cup down. "As I was saying, we need to get my fiance out too."

"Fiance?" Camicazi asked. Then she smiled. "Ah, we've got a lover boy, eh?"

"Please," I said. "We need to get her out."

Camicazi smiled. "Alright." She cracked her knuckles. "Where's she being held?"

I pointed to the jail. "Somewhere in there. I can't exacly say were though."

"No matter," Camicazi said. "I'm a born lock artist. Now you stay here, alright? I'll be back with the love of your life shortly."

"But-"

"No buts," Camicazi said. I can't belive I was being bossed around by a girl probably three or four years younger then me. "You'd just slow me down. Now, if Alvin comes back, call me and I'll come to your rescue. Got it?"

I sighed. "Fine."