Chapter 6: Hiccup

I woke up when a bucket of icy water was thrown on me. I gasped and tried to sit up. I couldn't move my hands, because they where tied behind my back. I shook my head, still feeling the throbbing feeling on my head from where I was hit by... whatever I was hit with.

The man who had thrown the water on my moved out of the way to show me my captor. "Alvin," I said. "I should've guessed you did this."

He looked older. His beard had streaks of white in it and his face was lined with wrinkles. "Hello, Hiccup," he said. "I've seen you grew up fast. And the chief. Sad of your father to leave so soon."

I pulled against the ropes holding me in place. "What do you want with me?" I asked. "You can't still be wanting trained dragons after all these years."

"No," Alvin said, checking the sharpness on his ax. "I want something more important. I want you to make me one of these fancy flight suits," he held up the top part of my armor. I glanced down, noticing for the first time that my both armor and metal leg were missing. I was trapped.

I let out a sigh. "Let me guess," I said. "You've got Toothless to persue me."

"You assum too easily," Alvin said. "I left you're Night Fury on Berk. Instead, I think I'll have fun with Berk if you refuse. They have no chief to guide them and there defences are weak. Besides, there's your soon to be wife."

"She's strong," I said. "You can't hurt her."

"Oh?" Alvin asked. "Maybe I'll just attack Berk and leave no survivors."

"You underestimate Berk," I said. "We may be small, but we're still vikings."

Alvin raised an eyebrow at me. "Really? When I captured you, none of them came to help you."

I blinked. "You're lying," I said.

Alvin shrugged. "I could be, but why would I? You're here aren't you?"

"I won't belive it," I said. "I know you, Alvin. You'll try to make me give up hope, but it won't work."

"We'll just have to see, won't we?" Then he walked off to do something else on the ship.

I tugged at the ropes that bound my hands together. I was tied to something else, I guessed it was the mast. I looked up. Yup, there's the said. Some dragons flew by and it made me think of Toothless. I half wished Toothless was here with me, but I guess that wouldn't be the best thing in the world. It was to easy to make me do something when you had someone that was close to me to threaten me with. I just hope that Astrid can handle everything on Berk. I wonder if she'll try and form a search and rescue mission for me. At least Alvin doesn't have her. Or anyone else for that matter, I thought.

~

I drifted off to sleep a couple times on the boat. What else could I do? It was like an hour trip!

I was facing away from the island, right where Alvin could see me. I only knew we'd landed at the docks when I was roughly untied, yanked up, then tied again, this time my hands where in front of me.

The outcast that was guiding me had a hook for a hand and used it to usher me forwards. Well, they must have forgotten that they'd taken my foot, so I didn't move. I moved my amputated leg a little.

I saw Alvin roll his eyes, then he threw my foot at the hooked man. I bit down a retort on how that had taken me weeks to get just right, assuming that it would just get me a hook to that back. The outcast attached my foot on, then pushed me forwards. I stumbled a little, but regained balance quickly. The man had attached my leg wrong. I could feel it threatening to come loose, but it lasted all the way up the rock terran and to where the cells where.

I looked around. It was just like I remembered it. The dragons where pretty much gone, Alvin probably got sick of them, and carried out his plans of killing them all. Instead, they where forges. Weapons and armor where being made and sparks where flying everywhere.

We kept walking until we got to all too familiar cells. The outcast with the hook opened the cell, then pushed me in so hard that I fell over. Then they took my foot again. "You'll have a hard time getting out of this one, boy," Alvin said, slaming the cell door on me. "Unless you help me with that flight suit."

"Why would you need a flight suit anyway?" I asked. "I mean, you don't have a dragon to jump off of-"

"Oh, aren't you so smart," Alvin said. "Who said I'd use it for peasure? Your design is almost silent and it would be easy to sneek up on enemies. As for the dragon, you've got plenty on Berk. I'll just take one of the trained ones and I'll be on my way."

"Which one do you want?" I asked, Toothless coming to mind imediatly.

Alvin shrugged. "Why would it matter to you? I don't want your crippled Night Fury anymore. I'd prefer one of those that your dad had."

"But, we've only found one, and my dad's is already owned." I said.

"And why would that stop me?" Alvin asked. "Enjoy your stay. I'll ask you in the morning again if you'll help me with the flight suit." Then he was gone.

I was sitting in the middle of the cell, helpless. My hands where still tied together and I couldn't even walk. I scooted up the the bars of my cell door and carefully put the ropes around one of the broken bars. I glanced to make sure no one was watching. The guards were busy with there own things. I tugged as hard as I could against the bond, but the ropes where too strong. The ragged part of the bar started to cut through one part of the rope, but it also cut my hand. I bit my lip so I didn't let out a sound.

One of the guards noticed what I was doing and gabbed onto my bound hands. "They'll be none of that," he said, pushing me back. I hit the ground harder then I expected to. "If I where you, I'd get some sleep, seeing who knows when the next time you'll be able to." Then he yurned his back on me and pretty much ignored me.

I glanced at my hand. It stung a little and was bleeding, but other then that it would be fine. I rested my head against the stone all behing me. It still had a bump where Alvin had knocked me out. The coolness of the wall soothed it.

I wonder how Astrid's doing, I thought to myself. I hope she's doing okay.