Chapter 27: Valka

I'd gotten Astrid's note yesterday. I expected her to be back by now. I decided to be patient, help out around the village, be the acting-chief, I guess. Hiccup hadn't chosen one yet, but I was his mother, was I not. Besides, I wasn't sure if Snotlout was ready. He was the nephew I barely knew. Much like everyone else.

Toothless was starting to get restless. I wished that someone else could ride him. He'd tried a few times on his own, but he never got too far. He would fall and try again. He was stubburn, just like Hiccup.

I couldn't concentrait all day. I almost got run over by a heard of dragons fighing over a fish I was so distracted.

Noon came, evening fell and finally night. Astrid still wasn't back with Hiccup.

As I walked inside, Toothless nudged my leg. He looked at me with big, green eyes. I patted his head. "Don't worry. He'll be fine."

Toothless believed me, but he didn't like it. I didn't either. Oh, why did Hiccup have to make his saddle so complicated. I understand that he didn't want anyone to take Toothless, but this was just crazy!

I went out to Cloudjumper. He cocked his head at me. I smlied slightly. "I'm fine. I'm just...worried. That's all. You wouldn't understand."

Cloudjumper wrapped his tail around me. I sighed. "I guess your right. You would know, wouldn't you. You get worried when I'm gone for too long."

Cloudjumper looked up and gave me a look.

"Oh, no. I trust Astrid to bring Hiccup back. I'll wait a few more days. After all, this is the Outcasts we're talking about. I could ruin the mission by going. If I know Astrid, she'll stop at nothing to get her way."

I threw Cloudjumper a salmon before walking back into the house. I couldn't help scanning the sky once more before finally shutting myself in. What I wouldn't give to have seen Hiccup as a boy. He was all grown up now. My only son...

At least he took after me, right? But he did have those attributes of Stoick. He was perfect, just the way he was. But everyone wants to destroy things that are perfect. Its always been that way.

I shut my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

A/N:
This is kinda just a short little thing I put in to show Valka's POV

I thought, hey, I wonder what she's thinking right now! Let's see if we can succesfully write her thoughts down!

I don't know if I really succeded, but at least I've got a Valka chapter now