Chapter 16: Hiccup

I was dozing when Alvin woke me with a kick in the side. I cracked my eyelids open to his ugly face. "What do you want?" I murmured sleepily.

"Nothing," Alvin said. "You just looked so peaceful. I had to disturb you."

I moaned. I was never going to get any decent sleep here. Rain was hammering on the roof.

"Oh, and also," Alvin said. "I was wondering about something."

I waited for him to go on, but when he didn't I asked, "What?"

"Well, we've been having a slight dragon problem."

"Forget it, Alvin," I said. "Your not tricking me into training dragons for you."

Alvin shrugged. "That's not what I mean," he said. "These dragons we found where already trained. My men said they had custom made saddles and everything. A Nadder, a Monstrous Nightmare, a Groncle and a Zippleback. Bring anothing to mind?"

I swollowed. The others where looking for me? Where they here? "S-so what do you need me to do about them?" I tried not to stutter, but I think I caught a quick glint in Alvin's eyes.

"Oh, you don't have to do anything," Alvin said. "There gone now. I was just wondering how your friends got to this island without being seen and, more importantly, not rescuing you?"

"Who says that it was my friends?" I asked. "They could be anyones dragons."

Alvin rolled his eyes at me. "You take me for an idiot, like Dagur, Hiccup. I know what your trained dragons look like. So, why didn't your friends rescue you?"

"If they where here," I said slowly, my mind racing. "They probably thought that I was in the prison. They would've never guessed I was here. I mean, if they even came."

"What about your Night Fury?" Alvin asked. "He'd be able to find you in a minute."

"Well, your out of luck, Alvin," I said, attemping to cross my arms, but failing because of the chains. "Toothless can't fly without me. I've modified his saddle that way so no one but me can ride him."

"And why's that?" Alvin asked.

"Well, if I've learned anything," I said. "Toothless is a pretty special drsgon and I can't have anyone taking him. So I decided to modify the saddle to my peg leg."

"Aha," Alvin said. "You think your so clever, don't you?"

"Moderatly," I said with a shrug.

"Well, what about when I kill you?" Alvin asked. "What'll happen to him them?"

"Then Gobber makes a new tail so anyone can ride him," I say. "He's done it before."

"You actually have confedance that you'll wiggle your way out of this one?"

I shrugged. "I've always had a srange hopeful nature," I said.

"I know," Alvin said. "And I've been wanting to get rid of it ever since I met you."

"Don't you have a tribe to run?" I asked Alvin.

"Unlike Berk," Alvin said. "This tribe is running smoothly. They do what they want."

There was a crack of lighting. It wasn't strong enough to cause a fire, but it was still pretty strong.

"You know," Alvin began, an evil gleam in his eyes. "I think you've been having it too easy for the day." He unlocked the chains on my hands and grabbed me by the scruff of my neck. "I think you'd be much more comfortable sleeping somewhere else."

Alvin dragged me to the door. What was he up to?

He dragged me outside to the back of the house. There, he took me to a post where there where even more chains, and chained me there. Even though I hadn't been out there for a minute yet, I was soked. "You can't leave me out here all night," I said. "I'll freeze!"

Alvin threw me a blanket. "This'll be enough." Then he left me there.

I drapped the thin blanket over me as best as I could. It was a total downpour. I closed my eyes and leaned against the post. This gave me time to think. My friends where here an hour or so ago? Where they coming to rescue me? Well, even if they tried, they wouldn't have looked in Alvin's house.

I rubbed at my wrists. The shackles where loose, but not loose enough to slip out of. The rain made the metal icy cold against my skin. I could also feel the skin around and under the metal cutting into my wrists. I tried to ignore it. I had worse problems to worry about.

A little bit ahead of me, a man was stumbling towards me. He looked young, had horns on his helmet that stuck straight up and all his limbs.

"Dagur." Me teeth chattered.

He walked up to me. "Hello, Hiccup."

"Go away," I said. "I'm not in the mood."

"Aw," Dagur said. "The poor baby needs him beauty rest?" He grabbed my shirt and pulled me as far as the chains allowed. "This'll be fun."