Chapter 5: Hiccup

The raids happened over and over and over. There was always a man claiming that he was going against his will or he was knocked out. I never belived it the first time, but this was getting rediculous.

Once again, I heard the horn being blown, jumped on Toothless and flew out to meet the ships. It was cloudy today and it looked like it would soon start to rain. Perfect, I thought sarcacsticly.

We met the boat head on. I squinted, hoping to see who it was. As we got closer, arrows and nets where thrown. Toothless dodged them easily, but I couldn't do anything to stop the attack on the village. Toothless shot a few plasma blasts and I saw some other dragons blow there own fire at the boats. Men abandon ships as they sank.

As soon as the main ship was sunk, I flew down and grabbed the first man I saw. This was seriously getting old. "Here we go again," I say under my breath.

We landed near our prison. We've kept a few raiders in there since the attacks have gotten more recent. Toothless dropped the man before landing. I swich my foot from its flying setting to its walking one. "Don't you think these are getting a little old?" I asked the man.

"What do you mean?" The man asked. "I didn't plan this."

"Oh, please," I said. "These raids are so predictable. Who are you working for?"

"I'm not working for anyone," the man said. "Trust me."

"Why do I find that hard to belive?" I asked.

Then I saw it. The man barely moved his eyes, but I noticed that he glanced over my shoulder. As I turned, Toothless let out a yelp and fell. "Toothless!" I saw a dark sticking out of his back. Similar to the ones that the trappers had. As I looked back to where the dart had come from, something hard hit my head and everything went black.

Astrid's POV:

I was cooking dinner with Valka when I heard a Night Fury yelp. We gave each other concerned looks for a spit second before rushing outside. We saw a big man sling a small figure over his shoulder.

"Alvin," I said quietly. Toothless was out cold with a dart in his back. I rushed over to help Hiccup. Alvin drew his sword and dropped Hiccup. He put the sword to Hiccup's throat then said, "Take another step, and your fiance's dead."

I stopped, ax in hand. "Let him go," I said, clutching my ax.

Alvin let out a laugh. "I think I have a slight advantage here." He pressed the sword closer to Hiccup's throat.

"Stop!" I said.

"Drop your weapon."

I hesitated, then finally dropped my ax. "Good," Alvin said. "Now, I'll be on my way."

"No!" I screamed.

I tried to run after him, but someone held me back. "No," Valka whispered. "It'll only make it worse."

A tear escaped my eye as Alvin picked Hiccup's limp body up and hualed him off to his ship. Whenever he passed a Berkian, he threatened Hiccup, then the vikings dropped there weapons.

Valka wrapped an arm around me. I noticed she was crying too. "We'll get him back, don't worry."

I could hear the pain in her voice. Well, duh! Her only son was kiddnapped by one of the most feared vikings in the Archipelego! I had to think of a plan to get him back.

I just had one quesion: Why did Alvin need Hiccup in the first place?